• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DLA for son - OK I do feel a bit guilty

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just hope you don't need to give him a shout in the next month.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Just hope you don't need to give him a shout in the next month.
      Have I missed something?
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        Have I missed something?
        https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2713344

Do try to keep up old chap!

Comment

See in the news 80% of claims that go to tribunal get agreed. Not surprised at all. Took two years but the initial process and appeal seems to be an exercise in turning you down whatever you say.

The tribunal was very good. Three people on the panel who took time to ask relevant questions and come to a decision based on this.

Comment

So anyone claim "WaterSure" (basically you get a fixed/cheap monthly cost for water rates instead of what you use)?

It says (for Wales anyway) that if you get DLA AND have 3 kids (I've only for two) OR the person in question uses SIGNIFICANTLY more water.....

Hmmm. Well he does I suppose. Because his condition has an element of OCD he generally washes in the shower for approx an hour. Same with towels - use once and they have to be washed.

Worth a try I guess.....

Comment

Never ceases to amaze me how much common sense and facts professional benefit scroungers are willing to ignore when there is a chance of claiming something.

Comment

Never ceases to amaze me how much common sense and facts professional benefit scroungers are willing to ignore when there is a chance of claiming something.
                Try looking after a disabled child then see if you still agree.

Comment

You really are something NLUK. You're attitude seems to be that ANYONE who claims any sort of benefit is to be frowned upon...... Honestly, it defies belief...

I'm with you - anyone who claims benefits fraudulently should be strung up BUT you seem to tar everyone with the same brush.

Do you think my son or others kids, or the kids themselves like being disabled just so they can claim benefits?

Perhaps we should go back to the middle ages - any disabled kids born, cull them at birth. Save a few quid on benefits....

Comment

I wasnt talking about anyone. Just you.

Comment

London council's special needs inquiry caused by 'systemic failures' - BBC News

At least 5,000 children seeking special educational needs support (Send) are to have their cases reviewed after a London council landed a stinging rebuke from the local government ombudsman.

This does not surprise me at all. Getting help for my kids has been very difficult. I doubt many plebs could manage it.

Comment

Working...
                      X