• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DLA for son - OK I do feel a bit guilty

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    See in the news 80% of claims that go to tribunal get agreed.
    That could be quite alright - indicating that only appeals with good merit are re-examined. What really matters is how many claims are there in total, and how many would have been agreed if they had gone to tribunal.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      That could be quite alright - indicating that only appeals with good merit are re-examined. What really matters is how many claims are there in total, and how many would have been agreed if they had gone to tribunal.
      Well, no. Anyone can appeal the initial decision and if (when) that gets turned down, you have the right to go to tribunal. No-one will stop you doing this. You can put reasons down as "I want DLA because I'm a bit too lazy to get off the sofa" and you could take this to tribunal.

I think the worrying thing is that WAY TOO MANY are getting turned down initially incorrectly. The fact that "most" that go to tribunal are approved is wrong. Surely, a tribunal should just be there to catch the off few "mistakes" that slip through the net.

Of course, DWP know that a lot of people A) Won't bother to appeal the initial decision and B) Even if they do appear, won't bother going to tribunal. So its saving millions......

But then, how many disabled/learning difficulty people have to do this on their own? Not so easy. Took us almost 2 years to get the OK from the tribunal....
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X