• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pointless work meetings 'really a form of therapy'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have long suspected this

"Many managers don't know what to do," he says, and when they are "unsure of their role", they respond by generating more meetings.
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

I used or organise early morning meetings because client co would supply hot bacon rolls FoC.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Not as much a "Therapy", as "looking busy" in order to justify their job existence.

My default opinion of someone with fully booked calendar, is that they are a waste of space, until proven otherwise. With small exceptions, they are either generating unnecessary meetings themselves, or don't know how to manage their time and decline them if invited by someone else.

Comment

I also think that some people can't think and problem solve without talking about it. They need to have meetings and chats so they get their thinking done.

It's like they don't have an inside voice.

Comment

I quite like a good blame storming session.

Comment

Working...
          X