• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Katie Price declared bankrupt at High Court

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Without wanting to sound chippy, it genuinely baffles me how someone once worth £40M (the article says) can become bankrupt, unless I suppose they just never bothered to pay any tax on their income and spent most of it or gave much of it away to their friends and relatives.

I mean surely all she had to do was buy shedloads of properties.
    Same thoughts here. She had the kind of money that can you see live a very nice, very luxurious life for as long as she likes without earning another penny. Even ignoring the complexities of "net worth", just a few million of that invested sensibly could have seen her through.

My sympathy is limited.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
      Same thoughts here. She had the kind of money that can you see live a very nice, very luxurious life for as long as she likes without earning another penny. Even ignoring the complexities of "net worth", just a few million of that invested sensibly could have seen her through.

My sympathy is limited.
      I have alot of sympathy for her children. They deserved better.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        Without wanting to sound chippy, it genuinely baffles me how someone once worth £40M (the article says) can become bankrupt, unless I suppose they just never bothered to pay any tax on their income and spent most of it or gave much of it away to their friends and relatives.

I mean surely all she had to do was buy shedloads of properties.
        Five Kids
        Drug Habit
        Crazy expensive lifestyle

in no particular order

But still £40m is alot of dollars

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I have alot of sympathy for her children. They deserved better.
          Especially poor Harv. He's sat there next to her one interview while she talks about considering aborting him 4 times!
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            Her clunge has seen more action than Helmand.

No doubt she’ll be wheeling poor Harvey out on to Loose Women to sell/tell her sob story.
            I can't see that...

Yeah, I know I'm going to hell for what I'm thinking...
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
            X