• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Andrew Neil Interview

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    At least the money is going into the pockets of people who deserve it the most. Unlike the Tories who are interested in making millionaires into multi millionaires and multi millionaires into billionaires. The rest of the population can go feck themselves. It seems if you are a big donor of Tory party you will do well when they get into power. It's the biggest cash grab in history but the only thing the general population is worried about is a poor pensioner getting what they are entitled to.
    It went so well during the last Labour government didn't it?

Inequality has been increasing since the last depression.

Comment

One party wants to spend money on infrastructure, pension black holes = they get ridiculed.

One party wants to spend money on DUP votes, meaningless referendum, £100b+ on HS2 = and they are champions of the people.

Right wing press really has got the country where it wants it.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

At least the money is going into the pockets of people who deserve it the most. Unlike the Tories who are interested in making millionaires into multi millionaires and multi millionaires into billionaires. The rest of the population can go feck themselves. It seems if you are a big donor of Tory party you will do well when they get into power. It's the biggest cash grab in history but the only thing the general population is worried about is a poor pensioner getting what they are entitled to.
        Thing is - the impact on pensioners is something which is real and will affect people me and you know.

If a couple of rich people get richer we will neither know nor care as there are always rich people who have considerably more money than us.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          Obviously not looking for the 'Boomer' vote then....
          These pensioners will be receiving free or heavily subsidised social care that is clearly worth from ten to a hundred times the figure stated.

I'd be concentrating on what they'll be getting for any extra tax paid rather than the money aspect itself, as we all do with the NHS and other services paid for via taxation.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            It went so well during the last Labour government didn't it?

Inequality has been increasing since the last depression.
            I think specifically focusing on the last decade is important. Just this morning in the FT (search for the link on google, if you don't subscribe, to view):

UK north-south divide -
            UK region inequality one of worst in developed world.

Health, jobs, disposable income and productivity more polarised, says study
            Subscribe to read | Financial Times

Comment

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
              These pensioners will be receiving free or heavily subsidised social care that is clearly worth from ten to a hundred times the figure stated.
              Really!! Where do I apply!?!

After well over 40 years in work I get £7k a year from the state with no available benefits.

I'd be concentrating on what they'll be getting for any extra tax paid rather than the money aspect itself, as we all do with the NHS and other services paid for via taxation.
              And out of the pension I saved up for myself, I pay for private heath care...

Perhaps visit one of the reality checking websites... or frame your arguments more clearly.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

It's not going into anyone's pockets. It's all going down the swanny...
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Andrew Neil is a real twunt.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Andrew Neil is a real twunt.....
                    He can be!
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      One party wants to spend money on infrastructure, pension black holes = they get ridiculed.

One party wants to spend money on DUP votes, meaningless referendum, £100b+ on HS2 = and they are champions of the people.

Right wing press really has got the country where it wants it.
                      A Labour initiative, started in 2009. HTHBIDI
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X