Andrew Neil Interview Andrew Neil Interview
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 33
  1. #1

    Contractor Among Contractors

    saptastic is NOT a disguised employee

    saptastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sixth Form
    Posts
    1,208

    Default Andrew Neil Interview

    Worth a watch on BBC iplayer

    Jeremy Corbyn confirmed that Labour would borrow to fund its £58bn scheme to compensate millions of women who lost out on state pensions.

    "We would borrow or get from Govt reserves"
    AN - But there isn't £60bn in the reserves
    "Oh yes - we would borrow"
    AN - But its not in your spending pledges
    "Yes but its morally right"

    "For nationalisation we wouldnt borrow - we would issue billions of pounds of govt bonds"

    that is just a small snapshot. painful watch. fair play to Andrew Neil.

  2. #2

    Super poster

    Zigenare is a fount of knowledge

    Zigenare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    4,933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saptastic View Post
    Worth a watch on BBC iplayer

    Jeremy Corbyn confirmed that Labour would borrow to fund its £58bn scheme to compensate millions of women who lost out on state pensions.

    "We would borrow or get from Govt reserves"
    AN - But there isn't £60bn in the reserves
    "Oh yes - we would borrow"
    AN - But its not in your spending pledges
    "Yes but its morally right"

    "For nationalisation we wouldnt borrow - we would issue billions of pounds of govt bonds"

    that is just a snapshot. fair play to Andrew Neil. Am sure Boris will bottle it now.
    Rather than tulipting bricks I would suggest that Boris is pissing himself laughing!
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

  3. #3

    Double Godlike!

    original PM is a fount of knowledge

    original PM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    12,475

    Default

    Someone asked the same question to Boris - and he responded pretty honestly saying we would love to but cannot afford it.

    State pension age changes for women: Boris Johnson gives latest position on WASPI support | Personal Finance | Finance | Express.co.uk

    (yes yes I know it is an express link..)

  4. #4

    Fingers like lightning

    filthy1980 's job has never been outsourced


    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    703

    Default

    it was a painful watch

    but in truth there's so many more topics and questions that should be asked of him, which he'll be equally squirmy over

  5. #5

    Contractor Among Contractors

    saptastic is NOT a disguised employee

    saptastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sixth Form
    Posts
    1,208

    Default

    He also admitted that Pensioners with small private pensions and total income of just £14,000 will see income tax rise from from £14 to £400 under Labour. Its not just those over £80k.

  6. #6

    Contractor Among Contractors

    JohntheBike is NOT a disguised employee


    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    1,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saptastic View Post
    He also admitted that Pensioners with small private pensions and total income of just £14,000 will see income tax rise from from £14 to £400 under Labour. Its not just those over £80k.
    let's hope this gets more publicity then.

  7. #7

    Double Godlike!

    original PM is a fount of knowledge

    original PM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    12,475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saptastic View Post
    He also admitted that Pensioners with small private pensions and total income of just £14,000 will see income tax rise from from £14 to £400 under Labour. Its not just those over £80k.
    Obviously not looking for the 'Boomer' vote then....

  8. #8

    Super poster

    Unix 's job has never been outsourced

    Unix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,008

    Default

    Car crash, Labour's only hope now is if Boris drops his pants, tulips on his hand and throws it at Andrew Neil.

  9. #9

    Double Godlike!

    original PM is a fount of knowledge

    original PM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    12,475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unix View Post
    Car crash, Labour's only hope now is if Boris drops his pants, tulips on his hand and throws it at Andrew Neil.
    Even then it would be a close call...

  10. #10

    Super poster

    fullyautomatix 's job has never been outsourced

    fullyautomatix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Gaul
    Posts
    4,476

    Default

    At least the money is going into the pockets of people who deserve it the most. Unlike the Tories who are interested in making millionaires into multi millionaires and multi millionaires into billionaires. The rest of the population can go feck themselves. It seems if you are a big donor of Tory party you will do well when they get into power. It's the biggest cash grab in history but the only thing the general population is worried about is a poor pensioner getting what they are entitled to.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •