• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 Reforms Cancelled by Labour

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35 Reforms Cancelled by Labour

Labour to Abolish IR35 Reforms

Contractors heard on Monday night of Labour plans to abolish IR35 reforms scheduled by the Conservative Government to take place in April 2020.

That really is a turn up for the book. As there are 5 million self employed it could even be an election game changer. The Lib Dems have already said that they would review the IR35 reforms. The SNP said that the IR35 reforms should be delayed till contractors concerns are addresses.

Originally posted by FIERCE TANK BATTLE View Post

KUATB
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

fecks sake I even searched, and I can't delete it

Comment

And now backtracked...

Labour pledges to scrap IR35 rollout to business … and then backtracks

qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

There will be no IR35 under Komrade Korbyn for several reasons.

1. 25% of the people will be unemployed
          2. 75% of the people will be working for the state when everything is privatised.

Therefore no IR35 is required.

HTH BIDI

Comment

Also, they will ensure that the workers on PAYE (and so those inside IR35) are better off than those running the business (and those outside IR35).

It's all going to go upside down. Hold on to your hats.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

They've gotta win first...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                There will be no IR35 under Komrade Korbyn for several reasons.

1. 25% of the people will be unemployed
                2. 75% of the people will be working for the state when everything is privatised.

Therefore no IR35 is required.

HTH BIDI
                Erm I think you meant "Nationalised"...
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                  Erm I think you meant "Nationalised"...
                  Yes that's the one! Note to self, don't go out drinking on a Thursday night....

Comment

I am voting Lib Dems because they have pledged to review IR35
                    and yes i am a simpleton
                    Last edited by Andy2; 29 November 2019, 18:53.

Comment

Working...
                    X