• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Songs for your funeral

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snarf View Post
    None, not having one it's a waste of time and money.

Chuck me in a wheelie bin when I'm done.
    I have said similar. Except I want them to make sure I am dead first.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I often think those who care about their funeral believe in sky fairies too. Jesus H Christ.....
      Or they could have watched too many funeral insurance adverts.

Ladymuck, none of us can say but imagine you're a ghost watching your own funeral and cringing at the soundtrack. You'd want to be remembered in death as you were in life and perhaps it might bring a smile to the faces of your loved ones.

Comment

Originally posted by mb31 View Post
        Or they could have watched too many funeral insurance adverts.

Ladymuck, none of us can say but imagine you're a ghost watching your own funeral and cringing at the soundtrack. You'd want to be remembered in death as you were in life and perhaps it might bring a smile to the faces of your loved ones.
        I'll let you off such drivel because you haven't met me.

Comment

Originally posted by mb31 View Post
          You'd want to be remembered in death as you were in life and perhaps it might bring a smile to the faces of your loved ones.
          Really? You think after death you will care?

Comment

Exactly this. I have told the kids that if they think of me they should try to be content with what they have in life. But I would prefer it if they did not think of me.

I will make a will. And leave as little to tidy up from my estate as possible.

I often think those who care about their funeral believe in sky fairies too. Jesus H Christ.....
            It is true there is a shift towards less traditional funerals and more of a celebration of life type event

But I can give you a bit of a cast iron guarantee that the vast majority of people still want what we call a traditional funeral - maybe as the current old generation die off and it comes to be our turn that may change but .....

Comment

"Who wants to live forever": Queen.

"Comfortably Numb": Pink Floyd.

"Two suns in the sunset": Pink Floyd.

My cousin had a non religious ceremony which was full of Pink Floyd songs.

And, of course:

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 November 2019, 13:15.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  It is true there is a shift towards less traditional funerals and more of a celebration of life type event

But I can give you a bit of a cast iron guarantee that the vast majority of people still want what we call a traditional funeral - maybe as the current old generation die off and it comes to be our turn that may change but .....
                  I won't get a say in it as I will be dead.

For those who believe in sky fairies, put what you want regarding funeral in your will. They are guidelines only - they may well be ignored.

Those going to the Manchester meet might like to make a will beforehand is the Manchester canals are full of germs.....

Comment

Really? You think after death you will care?
                    Actually I don't know and neither do you. We can have our beliefs but we can't be sure.

I'd rather place a bet each way. It's a bit like the outside/inside IR35 thing but instead of HMRC coming after you it's Satan.

Comment

See you later alligator - Bill Haley and Comets
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X