• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Songs for your funeral

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    I was discussing funerals with Himself a couple of days ago - his not mine - and we felt that the sentiment of the classic Ramones song ‘Pet Cemetery ‘ probably summed up his feeling best.
    Thinking about it, the Ramones are a good source of funeral music. Just from Rocket to Russia you can have "I wanna be well", "I Don't care" and as a special CUK tribute "Cretin Hop"
    England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

I'm glad I hitched my apple wagon to your cart, by The Boy Least Likely To.

Comment

I’m having “highway to hell” ACDC

If ex-wife attends Please play

Wish You Were Here – Pink Floyd

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

21'st century schizoid man
          won't get fooled again
          plaistow patricia

and whatever the band play for the rest of the party

Comment

The Final Countdown - Europe

Comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7kq1JQUhwVQ

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                A sentiment I entirely agree with. I'd like to think those who bothered to turn up would at least have a good day out though...
                I'd be happy enough if they just went straight to the pub with decent ale and a jukebox, and missed out the religious crap and wailing at the church/cemetery.
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  It is true there is a shift towards less traditional funerals and more of a celebration of life type event

But I can give you a bit of a cast iron guarantee that the vast majority of people still want what we call a traditional funeral - maybe as the current old generation die off and it comes to be our turn that may change but .....
                  I just don't get why we care what happens at our funeral. We're gone, we're never going to know what actually goes on. So why bother with the effort on something you have no control over, won't experience, and quite frankly won't even know what is going on. After taking our last breath, that its - there is no more.

The only way we have 'an afterlife' once we've died, is via the memories of those still living. The best we can do, therefore, is make people remember us and therefore to be the kind of person that will encourage us to be remembered.

Comment

Originally posted by mb31 View Post
                    Actually I don't know and neither do you. We can have our beliefs but we can't be sure.

I'd rather place a bet each way. It's a bit like the outside/inside IR35 thing but instead of HMRC coming after you it's Satan.
                    I'm afraid you are wrong. Enough billions of humans have died over the centuries that, if there was a afterlife and it was a paradise, at least one would have come back to tell us so that we all behave ourselves on this side of the gate. hell and heaven are made up to control the masses. By all means believe it if this is what makes you behave with morals, but you don't need these beliefs to act decently to your fellow humans.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                      I'm afraid you are wrong. Enough billions of humans have died over the centuries that, if there was a afterlife and it was a paradise, at least one would have come back to tell us so that we all behave ourselves on this side of the gate. hell and heaven are made up to control the masses. By all means believe it if this is what makes you behave with morals, but you don't need these beliefs to act decently to your fellow humans.
                      Well that's umpteen billion human beings you've single-handedly disillusioned. You bastard!
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X