• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Songs for your funeral

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mb31 View Post
    In regards to the "I'll be dead so who cares?" type comments. One thing for sure is that the people who love you will miss you and they might care about what happens at your funeral.
    That is my whole point - funerals are for the living only. The dead won't be in a position to care. If those left over and have my money when I've gone want to waste that money on my funeral, that's their choice, but they'd be better off not feeling any guilt and spending the cash on themselves to have a good time.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
      Why offer a courtesy that won't be reciprocated?
      Because maybe he's a nicer guy than I am.

Comment

You believe in not believing.
        Not strictly true. I KNOW that there is no god - this is more than belief.

I'll tell you what, when we're both dead, let's meet up and compare who is right or wrong

Comment

You should probably set aside some money Whorty.

Your family would not appreciate a green bottle infestation after you bloated corpse explodes on the sofa.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            Not strictly true. I KNOW that there is no god - this is more than belief.

I'll tell you what, when we're both dead, let's meet up and compare who is right or wrong
            I'm sure that can be arranged when this site turns into a zombie forum beyond April 2020.

Comment

You should probably set aside some money Whorty.

Your family would not appreciate a green bottle infestation after you bloated corpse explodes on the sofa.
              If I live to my full expected term, I won't have much family around. Wife is likely to go well before me due to her illness. Apart from a brother I no longer speak to, I have a Mom who will mostly likely have gone too. My extended family are explicitly written out of my will.

Whoever finds my corpse can do whatever they want with it. I won't know or have any capacity to care.

Comment

I'm sure that can be arranged when this site turns into a zombie forum beyond April 2020.
                Surely Zombies are, by definition, undead ... be interested what the religious text say about zombies

Comment

Surely Zombies are, by definition, undead ... be interested what the religious text say about zombies
                  I think Jesus was a zombie after his crucifixion but don't quote me on that.

Your fairly grim predication sounds plausible. I don't know how old you are but you could join a walking football team in your retirement and they could play a posthumous testimonial match for you to raise money for your chosen charity. I know that's a bit random but I'm trying to think of something you could look forward to on the death front.

Comment

If I live to my full expected term, I won't have much family around. Wife is likely to go well before me due to her illness. Apart from a brother I no longer speak to, I have a Mom who will mostly likely have gone too. My extended family are explicitly written out of my will.

Whoever finds my corpse can do whatever they want with it. I won't know or have any capacity to care.

Comment

I think Jesus was a zombie after his crucifixion but don't quote me on that.

Your fairly grim predication sounds plausible. I don't know how old you are but you could join a walking football team in your retirement and they could play a posthumous testimonial match for you to raise money for your chosen charity. I know that's a bit random but I'm trying to think of something you could look forward to on the death front.
                      Jesus. An extra marital affair gone badly wrong.

Comment

Working...
                      X