• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Songs for your funeral

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    You weren't put off the first time...?
    miaow

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      atheism is not a belief

I believe God doesn't exist! It is as valid as other people's belief in Sky Fairies.

It is possible a 'God' does exist but its publicity firm on Earth has just got it wrong.
      Last edited by vetran; 29 November 2019, 12:44.

Comment

Apparently this is quite popular.
        Going underground

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          Not strictly true. I KNOW that there is no god - this is more than belief.

I'll tell you what, when we're both dead, let's meet up and compare who is right or wrong
          In infinity you're likely to meet an infinite number of times, not something to look forward to.

Comment

Originally posted by mb31 View Post
            Your fairly grim predication sounds plausible.
            I guess if you want to believe in the afterlife in some paradise, my view may feel grim. But, to me it's just realism. Death is the end, so best make the most of your short time on this little rock.

I don't know how old you are but you could join a walking football team in your retirement
            50 at next birthday, so still young. Not sure walking football is for me - I was always the slightly psychotic centre half who like to fly in with slide tackles ... not sure they'd appreciate that in walking football

...and they could play a posthumous testimonial match for you to raise money for your chosen charity
            You're still not quite getting this are you? When I'm dead I won't have the capacity to give two flying about charities or anything else, so why would I feel the need for them to raise money when I'm gone? If I was so inclined, I'd be doing some charity work now whilst I'm alive.

I know that's a bit random but I'm trying to think of something you could look forward to on the death front.
            Death doesn't bother me. Dying in pain is not to be looked forward to, but the actual death side is a 'meh' moment, because (and you really need to understand this) once you're dead you won't know about it.

I'd rather look forward to life, and making the most of my time here than 'looking forward to death'
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
              In infinity you're likely to meet an infinite number of times, not something to look forward to.
              Luckily we are not aware of any of the other infinity universes.

Assuming inflation theory is correct, in theory if you could travel far enough, there would be a universe identical to our own.

The thing about God is that if he did not exist, he would have to be invented. Or if you are Arianna, she would have to be invented.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Luckily we are not aware of any of the other infinity universes.

Assuming inflation theory is correct, in theory if you could travel far enough, there would be a universe identical to our own.

The thing about God is that if he did not exist, he would have to be invented. Or if you are Arianna, she would have to be invented.
                If you stay in heaven for infinity you don't need an infinite amount of universes to meet each other infinity times. On the other hand, there is the second law of thermodynamics which would make it impossible

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  I was always the slightly psychotic centre half who like to fly in with slide tackles ... not sure they'd appreciate that in walking football
                  '
                  Do you mean psychopathic as in you have no empathy and don't care if you hurt people?

Psychotic is delusional, hallucinating, paranoia and the like. For example, I'm paranoid that the moderators are reading all my posts and I have anti-psychotic medication for these kind of situations.

Anway, my point is if you were psychotic and delusional then you'd probably believe in God so I think you mean you're psychopathic. The moderators are watching the wrong person.

Comment

Originally posted by Snarf View Post
                    None, not having one it's a waste of time and money.

Chuck me in a wheelie bin when I'm done.
                    'elf and safety would never allow it.

Comment

Do you mean psychopathic as in you have no empathy and don't care if you hurt people?

Psychotic is delusional, hallucinating, paranoia and the like. For example, I'm paranoid that the moderators are reading all my posts and I have anti-psychotic medication for these kind of situations.

Anway, my point is if you were psychotic and delusional then you'd probably believe in God so I think you mean you're psychopathic. The moderators are watching the wrong person.

hey he ticks both boxes!

Comment

Working...
                      X