• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is the site / forum safe from IR35?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the site / forum safe from IR35?

Haven't heard of many people yet who will remain outside, just me and one or two others. Assume the rest of you will be leaving contracting (as you are disguised employees) and therefore also leaving the forum.

You are still a contractor even if you are inside. Type of questions may change but there will still be contractor related goings on.

If anything, looking at the number of meercat contractors suddenly realising something is going on its going yo get busier.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by genius View Post
      Haven't heard of many people yet who will remain outside, just me and one or two others. Assume the rest of you will be leaving contracting (as you are disguised employees) and therefore also leaving the forum.
      Its always the same. All CUK posters think they are outside. And IR35 reforms are a good thing as everyone is is a disguised employee.

They don't understand(too thick presumably) to realize that HMRC want to say how much tax they pay without reference to rules.

They can stand together for the greater good. Or perish.

Comment

I suspect there will be a recession in the radiator key manufacturing industry, and significant reduction in posts about bleeding radiators next year

Comment

Originally posted by genius View Post
          If you still think the reforms are only going to affect permie-tractors and disguised employees then you're beyond help.

Comment

I'm starting a definitively deemed-outside contract with a new client in January.

I am not alone.

Comment

I am Spartacus

Comment

Originally posted by Amanensia View Post
                I'm starting a definitively deemed-outside contract with a new client in January.

I am not alone.
                I’m thinking of setting up “Caught_Under_New_Taxes,_Feel_Like_A_Permie,_Stuff ed_UK” forum.

Unfortunately I can’t think of a good acronym to shorten it to.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  I’m thinking of setting up “Caught_Under_New_Taxes,_Feel_Like_A_Permie,_Stuff ed_UK” forum.

Unfortunately I can’t think of a good acronym to shorten it to.
                  If they have better Mods, sign me up now...
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    If they have better Mods, sign me up now...
                    They have. That’s why you can’t sign up.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X