• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not sure where to post but need advice about builder

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure where to post but need advice about builder

Hi there,

My ma recently had her roof and bedroom done by this guy called john due to issues with mould stemming from a hoe in the roof. She found him through a leaflet put through her door. She paid him £3000 already and he has done a really bad job and its probaby worse now than it was before her bedroom is in disarray and shes in a one bed so has been sleeping in the front room. John seems to have done a runner with the money and she cannot afford another builder to come in and fix it all. We do not have an address for him or anything just his number which when we googled we found this: <Mod snip>. So its not just her he has done it to. Is there anything that can be done to get her money back or track this guy down? She cannot afford to take him to court even if she does find him. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
    Hetty

Hi MissHetty,

This is not a building contractor's forum - it's for IT contractors, so you won't get much help here I'm afraid.

I wish you luck in your search for this builder though.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
    X