• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The thought police

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The thought police

Hate crime rules challenged in court after man quizzed by Humberside Police for liking 'transgender limerick' - Grimsby Live

A former police officer has launched a High Court case about his "freedom of expression" after being contacted by Humberside Police for liking a limerick about transgender people on Twitter.

Be careful what you think.....

It's not a nice limerick and actually quite a rubbish one too but I agree that the general principle is that debate gets shut down as hate speech when it would be far healthier if everyone could freely talk.

Comment

It's these activists - they respond to anything that doesn't match their ideology with hate and venom. Bang 'em up, I say.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I had a post edited and then a ban for moaning about it on here once - whilst it's not big or clever going around offending people for fun, it's difficult to get right without making the world utterly anodyne and fearful.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
          I had a post edited and then a ban for moaning about it on here once - whilst it's not big or clever going around offending people for fun, it's difficult to get right without making the world utterly anodyne and fearful.
          Five years ago, for post 16 here: https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ul-munter.html and it still rankles, eh?

Get over yourself, princess.

Comment

Another one he liked was "I was born a mammal but now identify as fish".

Comment

Comment

1) We really need a picture of the Munter.
                2) There are some legends on that thread - some are sorely missed.
                3) There does need to be a review and understanding of the difference between 'hate speech' and a 'joke i find a bit offensive and so anybody telling it should be locked up'

Mainly because if you keep pushing for the latter then people will be happy to be hung for a sheep as for a lamb and the situation gets worse and not better.

Probably.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  1) We really need a picture of the Munter.
                  The article is here: Sri Lanka to deport Buddha tattoo British woman - BBC News

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere
                    Hmm yeah not condoning it but PB was not 100% wrong....

Not that we should judge by appearances obviously.

Comment

Working...
                    X