• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

salary/rate information

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

salary/rate information

Anyone got an genius on figuring out the market rates for a particular niche skill? I've been permie and contractor in turn sine 2007 - rates and salaries are basically the same (in some cases lower). I am wondering if that's just because I'm tulipe or if it's a general thing.

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Anyone got an genius on figuring out the market rates for a particular niche skill? I've been permie and contractor in turn sine 2007 - rates and salaries are basically the same (in some cases lower). I am wondering if that's just because I'm tulipe or if it's a general thing.
    If your CV is anything like your writing on here, it's because you're tulip. If I get CVs with poor English and spelling mistakes, I bin them, unless I'm really desperate and I can't get top talent for the rate on offer.

HTH
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      If your CV is anything like your writing on here, it's because you're tulip. If I get CVs with poor English and spelling mistakes, I bin them, unless I'm really desperate and I can't get top talent for the rate on offer.

HTH
      Do you make allowances that some people might be dislexick?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Do you make allowances that some people might be dislexick?
        No, because there will be someone who can proofread it for you.

I bin 50% of the CVs I receive - I don't want to take anyone unlucky.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

i bin all of them.
          i hate CV's
          nasty things.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            No, because there will be someone who can proofread it for you.

I bin 50% of the CVs I receive - I don't want to take anyone unlucky.
            This....
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

HTH
              Please feel free to point out where you consider I have used poor English or spelling mistakes. Thank you.

Comment

tulipe

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                  tulipe

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                  As you probably know - that's not my spelling, but the auto swear filter.

Comment

As you probably know - that's not my spelling, but the auto swear filter.
                    sh1te then

Comment

Working...
                    X