• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Climate change point on no return : Hungary population

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Climate change point on no return : Hungary population

Climate change: COP25 talks to open as 'point of no return' in sight - BBC News
    Political leaders and climate diplomats are to meet in Madrid for two weeks of talks amid a growing sense of crisis.

According to UN Secretary General António Guterres, "the point of no return is no longer over the horizon".

Speaking ahead of the meeting the UN secretary general said the climate crisis was imminent and political leaders had to respond.

Hungary government scheme sparks marriage boom. Will babies follow? - Reuters

Nationalist Prime Minister Viktor Orban has made it a priority to persuade more Hungarians to marry and have children to reverse a population decline. He has introduced a number of tax benefits and other programmes to favor families.

A big new scheme this year offers couples that marry before the bride’s 41st birthday subsidized loans of up to 10 million forints ($33,000). A third of the loan will be forgiven if they go on to have two children, and the entire debt wiped out if they have three.

=====================================
    Does no-one get that to do something about climate change, population will need to be reduced?

Of course, the UN secretary general could have pointed out that Europe is doing relatively well on climate change and focused his attention on China etc.

Let alone, 50% of global warming caused by 10% of the population. Flying 29,000 from round the world to Madrid will hardly help. Why can't they do video conferencing? Oh yes, they are too important, it is up to the plebs to save the planet while they live the high life.....

Ah. So you did mean Hungary and not hungry

Comment

If they're so bothered about population decline, they shouldn't have stopped all those refugees at the border.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        If they're so bothered about population decline, they shouldn't have stopped all those refugees at the border.
        I think he is more concerned about the decline of the Hungarian race rather than you know just letting loads of people live in your country.

They are not the same thing you understand?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          I think he is more concerned about the decline of the Hungarian race rather than you know just letting loads of people live in your country.

They are not the same thing you understand?
          Just a little joke with reference to the phrase, 'to reverse a population decline.'

No need to self-trigger and wet your knickers.

Comment

Just a little joke with reference to the phrase, 'to reverse a population decline.'

No need to self-trigger and wet your knickers.
            Sorry missed that one....

I guess i am just used to 'jokes' that are 'funny'

Comment

I guess i am slow on the uptake due to congenital stupidity.

FTFY
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

I guess i am just used to 'jokes' that are 'funny'

If you spent less time looking in the gutter, you'd have a better chance of spotting the ones that go over your head.

Comment

They were the 'wrong sort of population'?
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                  X