• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Phone battery question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    IPhone? So you want Mossad to be able to take control of your smartphone?
    It would simplify matters. I already auto-forward calls from pimps to them.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      IPhone? So you want Mossad to be able to take control of your smartphone?
      If you're right, at least there's someone who can control an Iphone...

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Well I dunno but I thought my phone was getting through its battery a bit quick could not see any thing obvious like an app chewing it up.

So I downloaded on of them battery/power manager apps - which insisted that it was better to charge your phone to only 80% - which is great except I charge my phone over night and do not really want it waking me up at 2am to stop it charging.

Anyway long story short battery seemed to be ok so uninstalled the battery app and no adverse effect at all.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          Well I dunno but I thought my phone was getting through its battery a bit quick could not see any thing obvious like an app chewing it up.

So I downloaded on of them battery/power manager apps - which insisted that it was better to charge your phone to only 80% - which is great except I charge my phone over night and do not really want it waking me up at 2am to stop it charging.

Anyway long story short battery seemed to be ok so uninstalled the battery app and no adverse effect at all.

The only argument for not charging above 80% is that it takes significantly more electricity to do so. It's relatively quick to get any device with battery charged to around 80%, but it takes almost the same length of time to then get from 80 to (as close as possible to) 100%.

If you want to save the source battery pack's life or wish to minimise your electricity bill then by all means charge just to 80%, but in reality it's peanuts and won't make a big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
            The only argument for not charging above 80% is that it takes significantly more electricity to do so. It's relatively quick to get any device with battery charged to around 80%, but it takes almost the same length of time to then get from 80 to (as close as possible to) 100%.

If you want to save the source battery pack's life or wish to minimise your electricity bill then by all means charge just to 80%, but in reality it's peanuts and won't make a big difference.
            Helpful advice to PC when the leccy metre is on emergency.

Comment

Working...
            X