• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sexual Harassment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    If you are treating a woman the same as you would a man, no issue.

Where I am, there is someone who is sexist and transgender phobic. But being a woman, she can get away with it.....
    That's bulltulip and you know it! If I asked one of the harpies at our place "how's it hanging?" I'd be out of the door tout suite!
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyPenelope View Post
      Surely no-one minds having a door opened for them? Unless it is the creepy version where they try to make you walk under their armpit?
      Nah mate, **** 'em, they can open their own bloody doors.
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        That's bulltulip and you know it! If I asked one of the harpies at our place "how's it hanging?" I'd be out of the door tout suite!
        Nyah, someone said that to me once and I didn't mind. Kind of gender-neutral comment, I suppose.

I open doors for men also if there first, it is just manners.

Being patted, on the other hand - have suffered this, it is horrible. Worse if they are above you in chain of command as they resent you if you ask them to pack it in.
        Last edited by LadyPenelope; 3 December 2019, 15:36.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyPenelope View Post
          Nyah, someone said that to me once and I didn't mind. Kind of gender-neutral comment, I suppose.
          Gender neutral? What's gender neutral about asking how your penis is hanging?

What about the 25 White Knights offended on your behalf, each one secretly hoping for a piece of your
          Last edited by Zigenare; 3 December 2019, 19:21.

Comment

How the **** would you know? You might look like a bloke but you ain't one.

So yep, don't hold a door open, don't make a compliment, don't look 'em in the eye, in fact just don't engage with them at all. Just stay in your own little box room and hope they don't forget to throw the odd fish head round the door once a day.
            Oh do sod off.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Oh do sod off.
              After you, ladies first!

Comment

How the **** would you know? You might look like a bloke but you ain't one.

So yep, don't hold a door open, don't make a compliment, don't look 'em in the eye, in fact just don't engage with them at all. Just stay in your own little box room and hope they don't forget to throw the odd fish head round the door once a day.
                Poor little victim Churchy.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  Poor little victim Churchy.
                  You're not qualified for this topic mate, a sense of humour is a prerequisite.

Great spot of white knighting though

Comment

You're not qualified for this topic mate, a sense of humour is a prerequisite.

Great spot of white knighting though
                    When did you go full blown radical incel?

Comment

What about the 25 White Knights offended on your behalf, each one secretly hoping for a piece of your
                      Haha! Not sure about that.

I'm older now so it's less of an issue. Make of that what you will.

Did feel sorry for a girl recently getting a creepy shoulder-massage by the guy who signs her timesheets. Ugh.

Have seen young male grads being harassed by older female managers also. One of them used to hire on the basis of looks. It did explain why her team were all tall good-looking young men. This was a few years ago though.

Comment

Working...
                      X