• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sexual Harassment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    When did you go full blown radical incel?
    I'm married mate, to a real lady too.
    (Ok he's a truck driver named Barry but we can't all afford to be choosy!)
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyPenelope View Post
      Haha! Not sure about that.

I'm older now so it's less of an issue. Make of that what you will.

Did feel sorry for a girl recently getting a creepy shoulder-massage by the guy who signs her timesheets. Ugh.

Have seen young male grads being harassed by older female managers also. One of them used to hire on the basis of looks. It did explain why her team were all tall good-looking young men. This was a few years ago though.
      Being a lady of a certain age, when do you think attitudes started changing and why?
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        I'm married mate, to a real lady too.
        (Ok he's a truck driver named Barry but we can't all afford to be choosy!)
        You're an angry incel. I'm wondering when this happened. It's worrying.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          Being a lady of a certain age, when do you think attitudes started changing and why?
          I'm not sure they did change, to be honest. Women are starting to speak up about everyday stuff they just used to feel obliged to keep quiet about. It's not the trivial little things like door opening - unless you have experienced this?

There are only a few of things to 'not do', if you like...

> Any kind of patting or unsolicited shoulder massaging
          > The weird staring thing. Not just making eye contact, but the aggressive prolonged intense stuff. Veeerrry disconcerting.
          > Jokes about rape. Yes, this happens.

Or has anyone really complained about anything trivial, would be interested to know if so, as that would mean that attitudes have indeed changed?

Comment

You're an angry incel. I'm wondering when this happened. It's worrying.
            It happened after a young girl complained to HR that he gave her a neck massage before signing her timesheet
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              It happened after a young girl complained to HR that he gave her a neck massage before signing her timesheet
              Let's hope Barry doesn't find out.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                That and being caught planting cameras in the ladies'.

Comment

Let's hope Barry doesn't find out.
                  who? big bad bas?

Comment

That and being caught planting cameras in the ladies'.
                    There were stories at a certain telco about someone doing just that. Before my time, so no idea who.

Comment

There were stories at a certain telco about someone doing just that. Before my time, so no idea who.
                      Now you know.

Comment

Working...
                      X