• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sexual Harassment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen.
    You're going to have to make do with a mental image I'm afraid. Taking photos of people against their knowledge or consent and posting them on the Internet would be beyond harassment, not sure what that would be classed as...
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Or hide behind anonymity and then claim that they are subject to sexist, racist or generally abusive content.

In my experience of Internet forums, it's normally the ones who claim that they are subject to abuse on the forums - they are the ones who think that when they started it, it was all just a joke and no one understands their sense of humour. If they don't like abrasive, they shouldn't be abrasive. This is not like sexual harassment where a man sees a woman in a revealing dress and claims she is "asking for it". This is people writing words. Others read those words and react to them. Inflammatory words, whether meant in jest or not, may create responses that the poster didn't mean or didn't want. But if a poster puts up those words, then they have to be prepared to accept the responses they get. If a poster isn't prepared for that, if they think they deserve special treatment, then an anonymous Internet forum is not a good place for them to be.
      You base your assumptions on experience. That's a reasonable approach as long as you recognise there are exceptions to the general rule.

I don't wish to air any grievances on this thread. It's intended purpose is stated in the OP and we've already been around the buoy many times. I wouldn't want to be seen to be wasting anyone's time.

On another forum two of my best friends are long standing members who had a spat with me when I first joined.

Despite the fact I'm attracted to your foxy avatar, I see you as potential 'friend' material. If you follow my advice and put a claim in then you might even qualify as a 'friend with benefits'.
      Last edited by mb31; 5 December 2019, 13:53.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Jealousy does not really suit you.
        I'm worried he's coercing you.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
          There is one here who yesterday was walking around the office in (not joking) leopard print hotpants and thigh high boots. If I hold the door open for her and try and get any kind of acknowledgement she'll roll her eyes and sigh at me.

Then if I see her in the kitchen and no one else is around she'll chat to me...

Why?!!?
          She's saying 'No', but she means 'Yes'...
          If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
            This one is a bit of a minefield. I had a recent experience where I asked someone at work out for a coffee. She said yes, then flaked. Then when I next saw her she mentioned that we were still due to go out - then flaked again - then did the same thing again for a 3rd time...

I think I am supposed to persist but at the same time I don't want to 'chase' her. Either that or she's just stringing me along for validation. Either way, I enjoy talking to her and all the other women in the office.

I love women... a lot... Being able to express that in a direct, matter of fact, non-creepy, non-threatening way without any need to do something about it is something I aspire to do to more of. Kind of like walking through a flower garden and appreciating the flowers without needing to pick any of them and 'have' them.

IMO being creepy is an inability to directly communicate your intentions and pretend you're not interested when it's obvious you are. Trying to get something through some form of trickery and deception or some kind of ' transaction'.

Work is a tricky one as is any situation where the attractive women want to be noticed but not hit on.
            She's messing with your head mate. Don't touch with Old Greg's, never mind your own.
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              I'm worried he's coercing you.

At least one person on CUK cares. Or at least pretends to care....

Comment

At least one person on CUK cares. Or at least pretends to care....
                Of course we care.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                  Women don't want equality,
                  Well the Waspi ones don't at any rate.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

For those who harass too much - be careful. Duck named Dave has to have penis removed after being 'over-amorous' with ladies - Mirror Online

Mrs-BP wants me referred to that vet....

Comment

For those who harass too much - be careful. Duck named Dave has to have penis removed after being 'over-amorous' with ladies - Mirror Online

Mrs-BP wants me referred to that vet....
                      Well known fact that ducks are a little bit rapey!
                      Growing old is mandatory
                      Growing up is optional

Comment

Working...
                      X