• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Most unusual contractor accommodation?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chameleons swingers club hotel in Darlaston for £22 a night will take some beating in this thread

I still feel sticky

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      FS? Swindon? Nationwide?
      That time it was Zurich Life. I have also spent some time at Nationwide too, but that was in the mid 90's when I worked for a software house. Very snazzy as I recall, big atrium reception and I think a running track ... could be wrong though, this was about 1996
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Got stuck in the snow a couple of times and had to sleep in the back of me little van.
        Slept in the office enough times, and done my share of all-nighters ... but I'm guessing it would be rare on here if someone hadn't Kids of today, don't know they're born!

Actually, reminds me of another time, I was about 24-25 years old, all the energy in the world, and working in the old Price Waterhouse office on the South Side of London Bridge. Developing a new finance system with a tight deadline, finishing at 3:30 in the morning. Went back to my hotel over in Kensington and they wouldn't let me in as they thought i'd been on the lash all night Had to call security to open the door .... had a couple of hours before getting back in the office for an 8:30 debrief before presenting the system to the big boss men later that morning.
        Last edited by Whorty; 4 December 2019, 20:15.
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          That time it was Zurich Life. I have also spent some time at Nationwide too, but that was in the mid 90's when I worked for a software house. Very snazzy as I recall, big atrium reception and I think a running track ... could be wrong though, this was about 1996
          Yes, that’s Nationwide. Didn’t remember the running track though.

Anyway, for me Exhibition Hotel in York as a contractor.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
            I tend to go a little off-piste from Travelodge and holiday inns.

I’ve stayed in a military club and a Catholic Church missionary training centre.

Where have you lot been to?

Victory Services Club - Prestigious Military Members Club, London

Hinsley Hall Conference and Pastoral Centre
            Got to have breaky in the officers mess with the FT in hand whilst on danger money. Tough life.

Comment

Originally posted by aldousmunird View Post
              Got to have breaky in the officers mess with the FT in hand whilst on danger money. Tough life.
              Jeez scooter, you ain't fooling anyone....

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

Comment

An upmarket hotel converted from a prison in Basel, Switzerland. A lot of it still looked quite like a prison and there were a few jokey signs making reference to it's original past.

A Levi's themed hotel in Frankfurt where a lot of the decor were 'upcycled' Levis items like a cowboy boot turned into a bedside lamp. And they had free copies of Playboy in the room for some reason...

Comment

Working...
                X