Most unusual contractor accommodation? Most unusual contractor accommodation? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Posts 41 to 44 of 44

Fingers like lightning

GhostofTarbera is NOT a disguised employee

Chameleons swingers club hotel in Darlaston for £22 a night will take some beating in this thread

I still feel sticky

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Super poster

Whorty - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    FS? Swindon? Nationwide?
    That time it was Zurich Life. I have also spent some time at Nationwide too, but that was in the mid 90's when I worked for a software house. Very snazzy as I recall, big atrium reception and I think a running track ... could be wrong though, this was about 1996
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Super poster

Whorty - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by xoggoth View Post
    Got stuck in the snow a couple of times and had to sleep in the back of me little van.
    Slept in the office enough times, and done my share of all-nighters ... but I'm guessing it would be rare on here if someone hadn't Kids of today, don't know they're born!

Actually, reminds me of another time, I was about 24-25 years old, all the energy in the world, and working in the old Price Waterhouse office on the South Side of London Bridge. Developing a new finance system with a tight deadline, finishing at 3:30 in the morning. Went back to my hotel over in Kensington and they wouldn't let me in as they thought i'd been on the lash all night Had to call security to open the door .... had a couple of hours before getting back in the office for an 8:30 debrief before presenting the system to the big boss men later that morning.
    Last edited by Whorty; 4th December 2019 at 20:15.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Still gathering requirements...

BABABlackSheep is good enough for Jehovah!

Quote Originally Posted by Whorty View Post
    That time it was Zurich Life. I have also spent some time at Nationwide too, but that was in the mid 90's when I worked for a software house. Very snazzy as I recall, big atrium reception and I think a running track ... could be wrong though, this was about 1996
    Yes, that’s Nationwide. Didn’t remember the running track though.

Anyway, for me Exhibition Hotel in York as a contractor.