• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Most unusual contractor accommodation?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've stopped in a convent in Leeds, and LSE student accommodation in London.

The Nun (not a day under 75) insisting that she carry my suitcase up 4 flights of stairs for me was one of my more unusual negotiations...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

OK which one of you is responsible?

Brentford Travelodge: Dozens evacuated from major fire in west London - BBC News

Brentford - home to many of our clients (GSK, Sky, Gillette etc) so must have been one of us..

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        I'm in a converted water tower this week which seems to be in the middle of a huge clinic/rehab complex of some sort. Excellent beer mind you

Oh! Converted water tower. You we're lucky. I used to have stay to in cardboard box in middle of road.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Oh! Converted water tower. You we're lucky. I used to have stay to in cardboard box in middle of road.
          That's because you smell of wee.
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
            OK which one of you is responsible?

Brentford Travelodge: Dozens evacuated from major fire in west London - BBC News

Brentford - home to many of our clients (GSK, Sky, Gillette etc) so must have been one of us..
            Cheaper and easier staying at Heston Westbound M4 services for Sky - you can cut through past Brentford's training ground to go the back way into the services.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              I have never managed to get into Swindon; I get lost at the roundabouts and head back.
              Swindon Magic Roundabout. You sort of get used to it, but never did it in rush hour

I worked for a year in Swindon, stayed in a flat in the old town. Karaoke once a week, 5-a-side another night..survived it..just.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                to go the back way into the services.
                Yes a hidden trick this is, with service areas. I often use the back entrance

Comment

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

That made oi larf.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

It's a fine line between fey and Uncle Monty.

Comment

Working...
                      X