• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Most unusual contractor accommodation?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A theme park?

The Gulliver's Hotel, Warrington, Cheshire | Gulliver's Theme Parks & Resorts
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Tinkerbell! How was the gig in Santa's Grotto?
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        It's a fine line between fey and Uncle Monty.
        Probably. I hope I don't turn into Uncle Monty!

Comment

Alton Towers Hotel, it has a pirate ship in reception

we had a spiff weekend getting rat arsed with disties basically 20 - 30 year old sales people playing bed hopping. great fun.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
            Swindon Magic Roundabout. You sort of get used to it, but never did it in rush hour

I worked for a year in Swindon, stayed in a flat in the old town. Karaoke once a week, 5-a-side another night..survived it..just.
            Worked there for FS client for 6 weeks once when employed by a Big 4 co. Highlight for me was the week the Swindon hotels were full and I had to stay in Bath instead
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

That reminds me of a contract I did for a well known UK company that runs attractions. Went over to Germany and stayed in a Pirate themed room at the attraction there, complete with bunk beds made into a pirate ship
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post

Yes a hidden trick this is, with service areas. I often use the back entrance
                True, but isn't there a combination code, changed daily, which one must enter into a roadside keypad to open barriers going in or out.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  True, but isn't there a combination code, changed daily, which one must enter into a roadside keypad to open barriers going in or out.
                  Call yourself an IT contractor? Where's your hacking skills?

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    Worked there for FS client for 6 weeks once when employed by a Big 4 co. Highlight for me was the week the Swindon hotels were full and I had to stay in Bath instead
                    FS? Swindon? Nationwide?

Comment

Got stuck in the snow a couple of times and had to sleep in the back of me little van.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X