• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The cover up of crimes after the Spanish Civil War

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The cover up of crimes after the Spanish Civil War

I watched the program on BBC4 the other night detailing the covering up of the atrocities committed during and after the Spanish Civil War. It's unbelievable that any country would want to protect perpetrators of such crimes against humanity, but this seems to be exactly what the Spanish government is doing.

I was aware of the baby abduction scandal from a previous program, which was also covered briefly, and it's surprising that this practise was going on in the early 1980's. It's a blight on Spain's reputation and I'm surprised that the the UN or the ECHR don't seem to have been engaged.

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
    I watched the program on BBC4 the other night detailing the covering up of the atrocities committed during and after the Spanish Civil War. It's unbelievable that any country would want to protect perpetrators of such crimes against humanity, but this seems to be exactly what the Spanish government is doing.

I was aware of the baby abduction scandal from a previous program, which was also covered briefly, and it's surprising that this practise was going on in the early 1980's. It's a blight on Spain's reputation and I'm surprised that the the UN or the ECHR don't seem to have been engaged.
    Where's the EU and the European courts when you need them??

Oh right yeah turning their back on people who disagree with them.

The Catalan crisis, Scotland, and the role of the EU | Letters | World news | The Guardian

Remember kids do as they say and not as they do.

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post

Sounds like what the gammons are doing in the UK with regards to the UK's colonial history

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        Sounds like what the gammons are doing in the UK with regards to the UK's colonial history
        And I suppose your lot have nothing at all to apologise for.

FOAD.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          Where's the EU and the European courts when you need them??

Oh right yeah turning their back on people who disagree with them.

The Catalan crisis, Scotland, and the role of the EU | Letters | World news | The Guardian

Remember kids do as they say and not as they do.
          What does the ECHR has to do with the jailing of the Catalan separatists? Do you even have/know the facts or just go by what the Guardian is feeding you?

They are not political prisoners, they are criminals who broke the law and not any law but the constitution.

Comment

Srebrenica massacre: Dutch soldiers let 300 Muslims die, court rules | World news | The Guardian
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              And I suppose your lot have nothing at all to apologise for.

FOAD.
              What do you mean by "you lot" and be very very careful here

Comment

Srebrenica massacre: Dutch soldiers let 300 Muslims die, court rules | World news | The Guardian

For a start.

The Rawagede massacre was committed by the Royal Netherlands East Indies Army on 9 December 1947 in the village of Rawagede (now Balongsari in West Java), during Operatie Product. Forces of the Royal Netherlands Army were deployed in the East Indies to restore Dutch authority and protect the country's interests in the Dutch East Indies.

Rengat In 1949, during the Indonesian National Revolution, Dutch paratroopers massacred perhaps some thousands of people in Rengat according to Indonesian sources. Dutch documents show that 80 inhabitants were killed.

Why couldn't your lot put up more of a fight against the Germans during WW1 & WW2?
                Last edited by Zigenare; 4 December 2019, 10:51.
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

oh, errr! we're shivering with fear already!

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
                    What does the ECHR has to do with the jailing of the Catalan separatists? Do you even have/know the facts or just go by what the Guardian is feeding you?

They are not political prisoners, they are criminals who broke the law and not any law but the constitution.
                    Why does that mean they are not political prisoners?

Comment

Working...
                    X