• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lloyd's of London staff to behave

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lloyd's of London staff to behave

I spent over 6 years working on the market ... seems it's changed a lot since my day. We certainly lived by the "work hard, play even harder" motto

Lloyd's of London staff told to behave at Christmas parties - BBC News
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Why would not they just take out insurance for that?

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      I spent over 6 years working on the market ... seems it's changed a lot since my day. We certainly lived by the "work hard, play even harder" motto

Lloyd's of London staff told to behave at Christmas parties - BBC News

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        There's someone who doesn't understand what 'the market' means

Comment

There's someone who doesn't understand what 'the market' means
          It's rightmove, but with fewer houses?

Comment

Has Tarbie ever worked there?

Quick exit...
            I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              It's rightmove, but with fewer houses?
              There you go ... got there in the end

Comment

Fascinating history. Started out as a coffee shop and now London's full of them.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  Fascinating history. Started out as a coffee shop and now London's full of them.
                  the "3 year accounting" is very interesting too. Not aware of any other industry with anything like it.

Comment

the "3 year accounting" is very interesting too. Not aware of any other industry with anything like it.
                    Investment Banking has its own set of complexities - netting sets, collateral waitings, mark to market movements, etc - but it seems that they also have many similarities too.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                    X