• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blackcurrants

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    The only time I've come across political correctness in the work place was when I was accused by a permie of using racist language by using the word 'blackmail'.
    So who did you accuse of blackmail?

Comment

Loads available on Ocado.

Maybe ask Komrade Corbyn to make you some?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        So who did you accuse of blackmail?
        I can't remember. Someone overheard and took offence.

Comment

nicked my front gate, too.

Comment

Apparently 90% of Britain's Blackcurrants are used to make Ribena. That doesn't leave much left for the rest of us.

A juicy story | Food | The Guardian

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
              I don't ever remember a prolonged shortage of fruit of any kind prior to the UK joining the EU. So, who was picking it then?
              No one did cause people back then were too busy munching on corned beef and prawn cocktails. Fruit was something the Italians ate.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Are you sure they haven't been rebranded `Currants of colour' and moved somewhere else?
                And what about catering for our racist friends? I want to eat whitecurrants

Edit: there really are whitecurrants - never knew..
                Last edited by GJABS; 10 December 2019, 10:42.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
                  And what about catering for our racist friends? I want to eat whitecurrants

Edit: there really are whitecurrants - never knew..
                  and red currants

Comment

Plenty of blackcurrant jam in Morrisons this morning though there was a strange dearth of such and bramble jelly about 5 or 6 weeks ago.

I blame the EUSSR.

Oh, and Grocer Heath while I remember.

Now what did I come in here for?
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Strawberry Jam.

All other flavours are for fannies. And taste crap. HTH.

qh
                      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
                      X