• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Some Good News

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeeeeh, well done Gibbon. Wish I had an interest in anything these days.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
      Well for me at least!

The OU Masters results are in and I got 90% for my dissertation on a reinterpretation of the mosaic cycles in Basilica Santa Maria Maggiore in Rome.

Quite chuffed with my little self, in the last two years I've had 5 operations and other minor procedures yet never gave up! Champers tonight!
      Well done! And the bloody for hire cycles left around the Basilica Santa Maria are such a nuisance.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        Well done! And the bloody for hire cycles left around the Basilica Santa Maria are such a nuisance.
        Thanks, and to everyone else. When I first saw BSSM in 2004 you could have the place to yourself, now its overrun with people finding hidden Rome and now you get searched on the way in!
        But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Well for me at least!

The OU Masters results are in and I got 90% for my dissertation on a reinterpretation of the mosaic cycles in Basilica Santa Maria Maggiore in Rome.

Quite chuffed with my little self, in the last two years I've had 5 operations and other minor procedures yet never gave up! Champers tonight!
          That's nothing, I'm near to promotion on Fifa 20.

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
            I started one many years ago, but soon gave up. I applied for credits for the higher education qualification that I have and was denied, not on the basis of the standard of the qualification, but on the fact that it had been a part time course with day release that didn't last long enough to qualify. It was a two year course with 1 day and two evenings a week.

At that time the OU wasn't geared towards awarding BSc degrees and very few courses were science orientated. However, I started a course where the foundation course had enough science elements to generate my interest. Note that I passed Physics, Chemistry and Maths at what is now called AS level. The first few assignments proved to be enlightening as the lecturer consistently claimed that I had not answered the questions correctly and were all awarded less than 15 marks apiece. I decided it wasn't worth continuing as science isn't open to interpretation as in other subjects and I wasn't going to concede to the opinion of the lecturer.
            I think you missed the well done to the OP by the way

#MeMeMeMeMe
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Well for me at least!

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                That's nothing, I'm near to promotion on Fifa 20.
                whist not in any way detracting from anyone's academic achievements, should we as a nation be celebrating outstanding non academic achievements more?

Two of my daughters have masters degrees, which I'm clearly delighted about, but I'm also delighted by the fact that I can go to most streets in the village that I grew up in and point to a house that either my father or my grandfather built.

Richard Burton famously said that he'd have preferred to have played for Wales in rugby rather than play Hamlet on the stage.

On rugby, Richard said he "would rather have played for Wales at Cardiff Arms Park than Hamlet at The Old Vic". The Welsh rugby union centre, Bleddyn Williams believed Richard "had distinct possibilities as a player".

Comment

Well for me at least!

The OU Masters results are in and I got 90% for my dissertation on a reinterpretation of the mosaic cycles in Basilica Santa Maria Maggiore in Rome. ...I've had 5 operations and other minor procedures yet never gave up!
                  I did, during my degree in Theology. Alcohol that is.

Well done. Enjoy the graduation ceremony. (My daughter's OU ceremony at the barbican was really good).
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Sounds a pretty substantial achievement, although mosaics in the red light district of Pompeii might have made a more interesting study than those in a church!
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                      Sounds a pretty substantial achievement, although mosaics in the red light district of Pompeii might have made a more interesting study than those in a church!
                      Yes, they are quite "interesting"

Comment

Working...
                      X