• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has Boris dropped the Ming vase?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

odd behaviour grabbing the phone.

he just needed to say 'that looks terrible, I will get Matt Hancock to investigate'

Delegate!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

he just needed to say 'that looks terrible, I will get Matt Hancock to investigate'

Delegate!
      And the results of the investigation are...

He didn't "need" a bed, there were chairs. His mother decided that he needed a lie down so made a nest for him on the floor. Then took a photograph and decided she wanted 5 minutes of fame.

Are there enough beds in hospitals? No, we need more. Why do we need more? We have more sick people than ever before - some are even native to the UK.

A quick sub note, the lady concerned has now decided that they've had too much media attention - good luck stemming that tide!
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Delegate!
        Exactly - that's what any competent person would do/say. Boris seems lost though if he is asked to go off script and think for himself, and this surely isn't a good trait for a world leader? I don't think any rational person would blame him directly for the situation the boy was in, but a rational person would expect the leader of the party that has been in control for the past 9 years to take charge of the situation.

Very poor, and free ammunition for the left.

Only a couple of days remaining, and the Ming vase is looking a little bit fragile
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          And the results of the investigation are...

He didn't "need" a bed, there were chairs. His mother decided that he needed a lie down so made a nest for him on the floor. Then took a photograph and decided she wanted 5 minutes of fame.

Are there enough beds in hospitals? No, we need more. Why do we need more? We have more sick people than ever before - some are even native to the UK.

A quick sub note, the lady concerned has now decided that they've had too much media attention - good luck stemming that tide!
          Ooo, you was doing so well there for a moment, but you really can't have a say without letting your xenophobia creep in can you? Nearly fella, nearly. Better luck next time

Comment

The elephant in the room is that just throwing more money at the NHS will not solve the problem.

Scotland and Wales have devolved health and their per head spending is higher, but their care is no greater.
            Last edited by SimonMac; 10 December 2019, 10:00.
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              Ooo, you was doing so well there for a moment, but you really can't have a say without letting your xenophobia creep in can you? Nearly fella, nearly. Better luck next time
              It's a fact. Some of them are native to the UK.
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Still doesn't make your comment less xenophobic. It's a fact.

If anything non-natives (if NHS can be bothered chasing debt) are more likely to be "paying customers", than the "natives".

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
                  Still doesn't make your comment less xenophobic. It's a fact.

If anything non-natives (if NHS can be bothered chasing debt) are more likely to be "paying customers", than the "natives".
                  Where was the "dislike of" or "prejudice against" people from other countries in my statement? If you wish to use the long words then I suggest you understand their meaning.

Comment

And without the non-natives in the hospitals the NHS would be in an even bigger tulip state. It's the non-natives that keep the NHS going .... doncha just love irony eh, old man?

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                      The elephant in the room is that just throwing more money at the NHS will not solve the problem.

Scotland and Wales have devolved health and their per head spending is higher, but their care is no greater.
                      Throwing more money at the NHS might not work but providing more money in a well thought out way just might.

Comment

Working...
                      X