• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has Boris dropped the Ming vase?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Have you been drinking again? You make absolutely no sense at all.
    Thanks for that I was beginning to think I'd got dementia.

Exactly - that's what any competent person would do/say. Boris seems lost though if he is asked to go off script and think for himself, and this surely isn't a good trait for a world leader? I don't think any rational person would blame him directly for the situation the boy was in, but a rational person would expect the leader of the party that has been in control for the past 9 years to take charge of the situation.

Very poor, and free ammunition for the left.

Only a couple of days remaining, and the Ming vase is looking a little bit fragile
    Well there you go, a buffoon by any other name is still a buffoon.

Perhaps he couldn't find any Latin to express himself.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 December 2019, 13:01.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Has anything you've seen so far led you to believe either sides idea is well thought out?
      Some of the ideas for example more money for social care (both labour and conservative) and extra money for dementia care are good. Though as always its in the implementation. The idea of having cross part consensus on long-term NHS funding again could be a good thing again it's if and how this is implemented.

To answer you, I don't have any faith in the current crop of politicians to do anything properly. However, my argument was really that the NHS isn't a black hole (I've heard that before) it can be improved and needs investment. And it did improve under Blair/Brown, at least some parts of it.

Comment

You mean like the Tories/Brexit Party have been doing with the EU?

Likewise though, the only 'statesman-like' leader in british politics at the moment is wee Jimmy. You might not like her policies, but she at least acts like a credible leader.
        As I said when she is questioned on Education, NHS she is poor. Her policies on independence and how she is going to fund it are a joke. She is a one trick pony.

It's easy to sit there and attribute all your failings to Westminister. Scotland is in a poor state right now and she is their leader.

Comment

Nothing changes:

War of Jennifer's Ear - Wikipedia

Wot's this 'ere ear?
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
            Where was the "dislike of" or "prejudice against" people from other countries in my statement? If you wish to use the long words then I suggest you understand their meaning.
            You'll be telling us how you have some non-native friends next
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

You'll be telling us how you have some non-native friends next
              All my friends are native to somewhere.
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                We also have fewer beds than any time in the last 20 or 30 years, which also seems to be quite a key point.
                They seem to have all disappeared in the last 9 years.

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                I think we all know the NHS is a in a bit of mess, I wish the labour party was credible alternative but I'm not voting for Corbyn. Anyway I can't vote because my MP is the new speaker.
                The Labour Party isn’t a credible alternative to a decent Conservative party, but that’s not the problem.

The big issue with the country at the moment is that it’s the current crop of Conservatives, the ones that have been running the country for the past few years, that have royally ****ed it up for nearly everyone in the country.

A vote for the current tulipshow in blue rosettes is a vote to continue this:

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                  As I said when she is questioned on Education, NHS she is poor. Her policies on independence and how she is going to fund it are a joke. She is a one trick pony.

It's easy to sit there and attribute all your failings to Westminister. Scotland is in a poor state right now and she is their leader.
                  You live in a country that makes **** all, can't feed, power or water itself and your government has created so much debt it taxes spare bedrooms. You should sit the **** down.
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Bed blocking is endemic, many in the cancer ward were palliative care only so really needed to go to a hospice to watch the roses grow until they passed on. A situation that would have made everyone happier seeing their loved ones enjoy living not waiting to die. Instead they lay in a bed wasting away.

Plenty on other wards were too old to care for themselves but there were no care home spaces free.

Every time anything changes it takes them a week to respond or do tests.

The reason so many workers are foreign born is because we are too cheap to train our own so we steal other countries Doctors & Nurses.

8 million more people in the UK since 1997 have you seen 3-4 million more houses or 7 more hospitals the size of St Georges or 800 new GP surgeries??

The big problem is the extra population was neither discussed with the current population or planned for by the government. If you want to defend that then go ahead & try!
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      Bed blocking is endemic, many in the cancer ward were palliative care only so really needed to go to a hospice to watch the roses grow until they passed on. A situation that would have made everyone happier seeing their loved ones enjoy living not waiting to die. Instead they lay in a bed wasting away.

Plenty on other wards were too old to care for themselves but there were no care home spaces free.

Every time anything changes it takes them a week to respond or do tests.

The reason so many workers are foreign born is because we are too cheap to train our own so we steal other countries Doctors & Nurses.

8 million more people in the UK since 1997 have you seen 3-4 million more houses or 7 more hospitals the size of St Georges or 800 new GP surgeries??

The big problem is the extra population was neither discussed with the current population or planned for by the government. If you want to defend that then go ahead & try!
                      Plenty of UK trained healthcare professionals go to work in better healthcare systems.

Comment

Working...
                      X