• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has Boris dropped the Ming vase?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    I bet you don't realise that mental health and community health services are part of the NHS.

yep sort of failed to make that clear enough for you to understandsorry.
    The services which were partially funded by the NHS but also by Local Authority & central government have been culled dramatically. Its difficult to blame the NHS because the rug was pulled from underneath them

Mental health services 'cut by 8 per cent' | Mind, the mental health charity - help for mental health problems | Mind, the mental health charity - help for mental health problems

https://www.tuc.org.uk/sites/default...greport2_0.pdf

but there are also a number of non NHS provisions which have been cut.

Community health care only about half is via the NHS.

Community health services explained | The King's Fund

This includes standalone NHS community trusts and combined community and acute or mental health trusts. It has been estimated that NHS providers hold around half of the total value of community service contracts, with the rest being held by providers including community interest companies, local authorities, social enterprises, private providers, GP practices and pharmacies (Gershlick and Firth 2017).
    obviously you know better than the experts!
    Last edited by vetran; 10 December 2019, 23:14.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
      Your original post appeared to intimate that it was the patient’s fault, blocking the beds. Both links you provide are clear that it is a problem of funds to the NHS, particularly since 2014.

It’s not a difficult question. The Conservatives have been the Government, ask them what they did with it instead of insinuating that it is somehow the fault of patients or the general population.

It didn't suggest that, I'm sorry you read it that way. It was clear I believed the NHS / Government failed to provide a suitable destination for patients that need end of life care or social care. If you assume that is the patient's fault then sorry you misunderstood.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        yep sort of failed to make that clear enough for you to understandsorry.
        The services which were partially funded by the NHS but also by Local Authority & central government have been culled dramatically. Its difficult to blame the NHS because the rug was pulled from underneath them

Mental health services 'cut by 8 per cent' | Mind, the mental health charity - help for mental health problems | Mind, the mental health charity - help for mental health problems

https://www.tuc.org.uk/sites/default...greport2_0.pdf

but there are also a number of non NHS provisions which have been cut.

Community health care only about half is via the NHS.

Community health services explained | The King's Fund

obviously you know better than the experts!
        Oh dear. Now you are muddling up what is an NHS service with the subset of those services that are provided by NHS providers. Keep ploughing on! The expert, King's Fund, is correct, but your comprehension skills are sadly lacking.

Comment

so our Australian cousins are just as bad as us so its ok?

so I ask the question again as again you misunderstood it and just insulted me to confirm your inability to conduct a sensible discussion.

What percentage of German,French or Italian health workers are foreign born? Is it higher than our 13%?
          Do your own research.

But it's a common international trend that healthcare workers are mobile and will move countries from one healthcare system to a more desirable healthcare system.

And insulting someone does not confirm an inability to conduct a sensible discussion. That is a pretty basic logical error. Unsurprisingly.

Comment

so basically you agree with me, the facts are out there , I just shared personal experience.

Bed blocking - what is it, and is it paralysing the NHS? - Full Fact

Delayed transfers of care: a quick guide | The King's Fund

and yes it seems despite lots of new tax payers and fewer services per head there seems a lot less in the Kitty so yes someone should ask the difficult question where is all the cash???
            You're clearly quite triggered by this topic, probably because of personal experience via a loved one, so to be expected. What is sad though, is you seem to acknowledge that the NHS has not been given the resources it needs, and yet you are still a supporter of Boris and the Tories who have been in power the last 9 years and in that time the NHS are has worse.

With Brexit, the forecast from most experts (and you've been quoting experts so I assume this is a topic where you value their view) are saying the NHS will become even worse. The logic just doesn't make sense, but I guess it's true that some people, despite feeling so passionate about something, will still vote for the rosette colour even if what they care about gets worse. The mind boggles!
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              You're clearly quite triggered by this topic, probably because of personal experience via a loved one, so to be expected. What is sad though, is you seem to acknowledge that the NHS has not been given the resources it needs, and yet you are still a supporter of Boris and the Tories who have been in power the last 9 years and in that time the NHS are has worse.

With Brexit, the forecast from most experts (and you've been quoting experts so I assume this is a topic where you value their view) are saying the NHS will become even worse. The logic just doesn't make sense, but I guess it's true that some people, despite feeling so passionate about something, will still vote for the rosette colour even if what they care about gets worse. The mind boggles!
              but I guess it's true that some people, despite feeling so passionate about something, will still vote for the rosette colour even if what they care about gets worse.
              I would say that were true for most people.

In Wales, many still refer to the 1926 strike and when Churchill allegedly sent troops into the Rhondda, and more recently to Margaret Thatcher, as justification for voting Labour.

In Northern Ireland, the battle of the Boyne is still celebrated, and whilst the Protestants refer to the flower Sweet William, the Catholics refer to it as Stinking Billy.

So until such entrenched attitudes die out, we will continue with the same situation in our electoral system.

I'm not an LD supporter, but I believe in proportional representation. I remember than in one election the number of votes cast for the two main parties was about 12 million each, whilst the LD polled about 9 million, or thereabouts. Yet both the main parties gained hundreds of seats each whilst the LD's gained about 15. That cannot in any way be democratic.

If we didn't have PR in the Welsh Assembly, then Wales would be ruled by an unfettered Labour Government. It's only because we have PR that Labour excesses are curtailed.

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
                I would say that were true for most people.

In Wales, many still refer to the 1926 strike and when Churchill allegedly sent troops into the Rhondda, and more recently to Margaret Thatcher, as justification for voting Labour.

In Northern Ireland, the battle of the Boyne is still celebrated, and whilst the Protestants refer to the flower Sweet William, the Catholics refer to it as Stinking Billy.

So until such entrenched attitudes die out, we will continue with the same situation in our electoral system.

I'm not an LD supporter, but I believe in proportional representation. I remember than in one election the number of votes cast for the two main parties was about 12 million each, whilst the LD polled about 9 million, or thereabouts. Yet both the main parties gained hundreds of seats each whilst the LD's gained about 15. That cannot in any way be democratic.

If we didn't have PR in the Welsh Assembly, then Wales would be ruled by an unfettered Labour Government. It's only because we have PR that Labour excesses are curtailed.
                1983 was the real shocker for FPTP (English seats):

Conservative 362 seats, 11,711,519 votes
                Labour 148 seats, 6,862,422 votes
                Alliance 13 seats, 6,714,957 votes

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  1983 was the real shocker for FPTP (English seats):

Conservative 362 seats, 11,711,519 votes
                  Labour 148 seats, 6,862,422 votes
                  Alliance 13 seats, 6,714,957 votes
                  Democractic!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Johnson View Post
                    “Pinocchio? That requires a degree of literacy which I think the Great British public doesn’t necessarily have.”

Urban Dictionary: stong
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                      How utterly appropriate.

He uttered two words on the wireless this morning before being switched off with extreme prejudice.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X