Working in Poland and withholding tax? Working in Poland and withholding tax?
Posts 1 to 4 of 4

Nervous Newbie

LPP has no reputation

Question Working in Poland and withholding tax?

So after working as a perm for 16 years, I have been offered a contract to work for a company in Poland. The contract says that they will take a 20% local withholding tax and I am guessing I will also have to pay VAT for the UK too, which leaves me worried that it wont be worth it? Anyone else worked for an overseas company or have any advice for a newbie!? Are there any companies out there that review contracts or can help with this type of thing? Any help would be massively appreciated as I am very nervous about the whole thing!

More time posting than coding

MasterBait has more data than eek

Looks like you're paying a 20% flat tax rate for expats no need for VAT or anything. But don't ask random strangers on the internet ask a Polish tax expert
    Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Nervous Newbie

LPP has no reputation

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBait View Post
    Looks like you're paying a 20% flat tax rate for expats no need for VAT or anything. But don't ask random strangers on the internet ask a Polish tax expert
    Thanks i think you're right, def need some expert advice on this one!

Nervous Newbie

clarc has no reputation

Where residents work under an employment contract with a Polish company and perform the work in a territory of Poland, the employer (tax remitter) withholds tax at progressive tax rates of 18 percent and 32 percent of the taxable base.