• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working in Poland and withholding tax?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working in Poland and withholding tax?

So after working as a perm for 16 years, I have been offered a contract to work for a company in Poland. The contract says that they will take a 20% local withholding tax and I am guessing I will also have to pay VAT for the UK too, which leaves me worried that it wont be worth it? Anyone else worked for an overseas company or have any advice for a newbie!? Are there any companies out there that review contracts or can help with this type of thing? Any help would be massively appreciated as I am very nervous about the whole thing!

Looks like you're paying a 20% flat tax rate for expats no need for VAT or anything. But don't ask random strangers on the internet ask a Polish tax expert
    Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

Originally posted by MasterBait View Post
      Looks like you're paying a 20% flat tax rate for expats no need for VAT or anything. But don't ask random strangers on the internet ask a Polish tax expert
      Thanks i think you're right, def need some expert advice on this one!

Comment

Where residents work under an employment contract with a Polish company and perform the work in a territory of Poland, the employer (tax remitter) withholds tax at progressive tax rates of 18 percent and 32 percent of the taxable base.

Comment

Working...
        X