• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

OK Londoners - nice restaurant in chelsea?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Otherwise if you can stand it Fulham Broadway will have a lot of places and pubs, alternatively wander up the King's road - not sure what's up there as it's been a while since I was 17 years old...
    Went to the Ivy on the Kings Rd last week with the missus, but it will be way out of his budget range. There was a Maccy Ds nearby, though...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      Went to the Ivy on the Kings Rd last week with the missus, but it will be way out of his budget range. There was a Maccy Ds nearby, though...
      Did you clock whether the bins round the back are padlocked?

Comment

Used to be a favourite haunt of mine in the late 90s when I lived around there. I've heard it got taken over by a chain?

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        Likewise. The Stockpot was a complete oddity on Kings Road. Stodgy traditional English food for less than a tenner. It had 2 distinct sets of clientele as far as I could see: the council estate inhabitants and tight aristocrats. Sad to see it's no more
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Can't believe how much you lot up in London will pay for food. **** me.
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
            That costs extra.
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
              There are plenty of places to eat for a reasonable price. Just look further afield than Chelsea

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                There are plenty of places to eat for a reasonable price. Just look further afield than Chelsea
                Plenty of cheap places in the Chelsea area. Catering to the council flats off Flood street and the day trippers from Hackney who come for the shopping on the King's Road. Both of which groups are a step above Welsh benefit claimants.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                  That costs extra.
                  Or gets you a discount.

Comment

Which two of Nice, Chelsea, and Cheap would you like to keep?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      Did you clock whether the bins round the back are padlocked?
                      Why, you planning a flying visit?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X