• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fuse lit...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    In those days there were two entities: Andersen Consulting (an offshoot of Arthur Andersen who mainly did accountancy) and what is now Accenture. The former was always much better than the latter. Got wound up after the Enron affair.
    Andersen Consulting became Accenture - they are actually the same entity, they had to drop the Andersen name when they split over the profits they had to share with the accountants. They had a staff competition to come up with a new name, and some bloke in Norway (istr) came up with Accenture.
    I was working for Arthur Andersen at the time of the split. Andersen in the UK was taken over by Deloitte.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      Andersen Consulting became Accenture - they are actually the same entity, they had to drop the Andersen name when they split over the profits they had to share with the accountants. They had a staff competition to come up with a new name, and some bloke in Norway (istr) came up with Accenture.
      I was working for Arthur Andersen at the time of the split. Andersen in the UK was taken over by Deloitte.
      Ah ok.
      Didn't Arthur Andersen have a consulting arm that kind of competed with with Andersen Consulting? I seem to remember there were 2 different consulting entities with the Andersen name
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        I worked for Deloitte. in a team that was effectively an Anderson team. If ever we wanted anything shredded we also had 'experts' in the team to help
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Ah ok.
          Didn't Arthur Andersen have a consulting arm that kind of competed with with Andersen Consulting? I seem to remember there were 2 different consulting entities with the Andersen name
          There was a Business Consulting team in Arthur Andersen, but they were mostly graduates who didn't mind being worked to death. They weren't really in competition with AC, although some of them seemed to think they were.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Hiring manager has approved a day a week consulting. Should go through, but he isn't the final step on the approval process.

I'm not celebrating just yet, but I'm pretty hopeful.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Hiring manager has approved a day a week consulting. Should go through, but he isn't the final step on the approval process.

I'm not celebrating just yet, but I'm pretty hopeful.
              Seems an awful lot of effort for a team leader position at McDonalds.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                I guess that would depend on its location....

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                  'Leader' is pushing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    'Leader' is pushing it.
                    Slightest mistake and they get banned. No-one left very fast....

Comment

More in one day than you lot get in a week. And given the way the pound is tanking under Boris, not long until it's more than you get in a month.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X