• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fuse lit...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuse lit...

New project starting next year. Complex technical requirements. Business want it ready before June. Project Manager has money and wants to spend it on me. The team want me on board. Just waiting for managers' approvals for an exception to the "Accidenture resources only" rule...

Here's hoping...
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Good news, possible drinks on you at the Xmas party.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        Good news, possible drinks on you at the Xmas party.
        If it comes through before then, then yes.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          New project starting next year. Complex technical requirements. Business want it ready before June. Project Manager has money and wants to spend it on me. The team want me on board. Just waiting for managers' approvals for an exception to the "Accidenture resources only" rule...

Here's hoping...
          Good luck on that!

Good luck on the rest of us getting a beer out of it too!
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Fuze.:
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 December 2019, 16:05. Reason: In memory of the late Fleety.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Here's hoping...
                If Accidenture have anything to do with it, you'll be there for years sorting out the mess...
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  If Accidenture have anything to do with it, you'll be there for years sorting out the mess...
                  I worked on a few project with Arthur's Androids and to be fair their design and project management skils were top notch. This was in the early 90s so YMMV.
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                    I worked on a few project with Arthur's Androids and to be fair their design and project management skils were top notch. This was in the early 90s so YMMV.
                    In those days there were two entities: Andersen Consulting (an offshoot of Arthur Andersen who mainly did accountancy) and what is now Accenture. The former was always much better than the latter. Got wound up after the Enron affair.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X