• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Missed Flight Connection Insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missed Flight Connection Insurance

Afternoon all,

I'm doing a multi flight trip soon involving (out of necessity) multiple carriers.

The bit I'm worried about is flying on an El Cheapo airline from Belize back into the US to pick up my (v expensive) business class flight home. I'm flying back in a good 24 hours before my return flight to the UK so it's pretty unlikely anything would go wrong but I'd like some peace of mind but I'm struggling to find any insurers who will insure against this. I've found some policies but they only insure against international departures to/from the UK whereas I need to insure against problems with the El Cheapo airline.

Anyone ever dealt with this situation? Can't really see much option other than taking the risk of fly in a couple of days early just to be on the safe side. Not really what I want to do because it will be eating into time I'd rather be spending somewhere else.

Always have a plan B for getting to where you need to be. So, make sure you know of other carriers, other modes of transport etc and how much they could cost for a last minute booking.

A travel forum like FlyerTalk will be better placed for the specific scenario you mention

Comment

Thankyou, I will post this on FlyerTalk.

Comment

Working...
      X