• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If Corbyn wins

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    The rest of the article has apparently been written by a first year PPE student... a not very good one at that.
    You say that like you're God's intellectual gift to mankind, whereas the reality is that you're a mediocre talentless gammon.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      You say that like you're God's intellectual gift to mankind, whereas the reality is that you're a mediocre talentless gammon.
      Yeah whatever. I bow to your greater wisdom. Or something...
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        How dare they want to maintain 18 as the minimum age!
        How dare they want to imrpove democratic process by making constituencies more equal in terms of numbers of voters.
        How dare they want to introduce identification to vote to clamp down on election fraud.

That Ardagh fella comes across as a complete melt and is clearly in need of Play Doh and hugs.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
          Panic not. Just think Diane abbott will be home secretary.
          At least she won't slash police numbers and then pretend police numbers dont make any difference to crime stats, and send out vans asking immigrants to go home.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
            Jesus wept...

They are saying that the BBC is biased in favour of Boris? What a load of horsefeathers. The rest of the article has apparently been written by a first year PPE student... a not very good one at that.
            Putting in a strong finish there for COTY2019.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              How dare they want to maintain 18 as the minimum age!
              If a person can legally have sex, get married, have kids, start work, join the armed forces, etc below the age of 18, we're clearly assuming they're responsible young adults. So why do we deny them the chance to have a say in how their country is run? You can't have it both ways really.

How dare they want to introduce identification to vote to clamp down on election fraud
              This does seems perfectly reasonable until you realise that they want to introduce mandatory photo id. Nothing wrong with that, of course, it's a great check; but what isn't said is that several million of the poorest citizens - none of whom are probably ever likely to vote Conservative - have no photo id and can't afford to get one (3.5m have no photo ID at all and 11m don't have a passport or driving licence). So unless a very cheap or free form of acceptable id is introduced, and I don't see any mention of that in the manifesto, this is effectively vote rigging by the back door. Alternatively, it could be a way of forcing through a national ID card system ("of course we want everyone to vote, therefore everyone should have an ID card"), which the UK public have previously made clear they certainly don't want.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

To say the gammons on here are gullible is an understatement It's on LInkedIn and it matches my own biased view so it must be correct

Hilarious
                You could say just the same about Corbynites and left wingers.

As Machiavelli pointed out, rightly, in so many words, most people believe what they want to be true and they rarely give opposing viewpoints any consideration.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post

Panic not. Just think Diane abbott will be home secretary.
                  I don't know if it's a doctored picture, may well be sneaky Russkie disinformation to discredit Labour, but the Daily Mail has a picture of the Abbottopotamus wearing two different left shoes!

Article here
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

As Machiavelli pointed out, rightly, in so many words, most people believe what they want to be true and they rarely give opposing viewpoints any consideration.
                    Dunno. I was against Brexit as I thought it would be bad for the country.
                    I tried hard to see the other point of view, but 3 years later not a single Brexiter on here or anywhere else has given me a logical reason on how it's going to help the country or themselves.
                    So I adjusted to the stupidity and have made it so Brexit benefits me - screw the country if it's that stupid.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Yep, completely agree. Corbynites are just as delusional and easily led as the gammons are. 2 sides of the same coin.
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X