• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You lot are under performing, beaten by a teenager.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Yep, welcome to the real world.

Unfortunately that young lady has missed out on having a proper childhood.
    Let me see if I've got your arguments right:
    #1 - welcome to the real world is another variation on "we can't do anything so might as well give up and keep polluting"
    #2 - because I don't think the speaker is having a proper childhood , we should ignore her

That's pitiful.

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post

So, in summary what I'm saying is that in my opinion, there are far greater risks to human civilisation, which is what global warming is, rather than to the planet, which would in practical terms be much easier to manage, but are not.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I didn't say that. What I'm saying is that until the moneyed interests are overcome, which is not going to be easy, there will be no real progress in the fight against excess global warming.

I didn't say that either. There have been several ice ages, some more severe than the last. But there is always a period after ice ages where the climate warms.

all I'm saying is that in my lifetime, which is infinitesimal in the existence of the World, scientific opinion has changed to be completely opposite to previously. So who are we to believe? If you take the arguments over the NHS as an example, who are we to believe there? I personally have never suffered any of the issues that we see claimed are prevalent and have always had the very best of treatment.

If you read what I said again, I didn't say Ireland was under water. However, what I was pointing out was the difference that approximately 39800 years of global warming during the existence of homo sapiens has done to sea levels. That period has seen an infinitely greater rise in sea levels despite no industrial activity by mankind.

It isn't junk science. It's fact, with exponentially rising populations, some scientists are already warning that oxygen levels in the sea are reducing. Common sense should also tell you that increased human effluent in the oceans is bound to have some polluting effect. You are no doubt aware that human effluent isn't generally used for fertiliser. And yes, I know there are experiments being carried out on that issue.

Well, clearly you don't know how society works and have never seen any evidence of this as I have. Note that I have contacts in secret societies who occasionally reveal some of their lesser known activities.

So, in summary what I'm saying is that in my opinion, there are far greater risks to human civilisation, which is what global warming is, rather than to the planet, which would in practical terms be much easier to manage, but are not. I believe the reason for this is that there are too many vested interests that would be disadvantaged if those issues were addressed rather than the debate which is going on now about carbon emissions. The example of plastic use in today's society, such as for drinks and domestic piping, is one area which could easily be addressed.
        Feck me not only are you a tedious twunt, you're cretinous with it. What a fooking combination: a dull imbecile.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

I didn't say that.
          I didn't say that either.
          Keep going. The more you don't say the better.

Comment

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
            That's pitiful.
            Of our ex-cannon fodder, the nodding dog is marginally more intelligent than the spud peeler. That is not saying much, however, since neither is much above the level of a goldfish when it comes to logic or analytic ability.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

So, in summary what I'm saying is that in my opinion, there are far greater risks to human civilisation, which is what global warming is, rather than to the planet, which would in practical terms be much easier to manage, but are not. I believe the reason for this is that there are too many vested interests that would be disadvantaged if those issues were addressed rather than the debate which is going on now about carbon emissions. The example of plastic use in today's society, such as for drinks and domestic piping, is one area which could easily be addressed.
              So all that was just one giant Whaddaboutism? We shouldn't worry about climate change because what about plastics?

We can address both. Just because you think plastic, or effluent or whatever your secret societies are on about are important as well doesn't make Greta Thornburg wrong.

Comment

Let me see if I've got your arguments right:
                #1 - welcome to the real world is another variation on "we can't do anything so might as well give up and keep polluting"
                #2 - because I don't think the speaker is having a proper childhood , we should ignore her

That's pitiful.
                Wrong. Welcome to the real world is what we face as adults. That little girl got pulled into the real world too soon. She has missed out on her childhood.

As far as I'm concerned, **** climate change. It's going to happen anyway. If other people wish to devote their lives(in vain imo) to trying to prevent the inevitable, so be it, no skin off my nose - using a child to push your agenda is beyond the pale.

Polar bears - didn't work, starving penguins - didn't work. I know, let's try using a little girl... Just wrong.
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  Of our ex-cannon fodder, the nodding dog is marginally more intelligent than the spud peeler. That is not saying much, however, since neither is much above the level of a goldfish when it comes to logic or analytic ability.
                  Get ****ed - although I doubt there's much chance of that happening now that your Mrs has kicked you out.
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

“You have stolen my dreams and my childhood with your empty words…People are suffering. People are dying.”

Your numbers do not show that no one is suffering or dying because of climate change. Your numbers seem unrelated.
                    People are suffering. People are dying
                    Yes, and they always have been. But the figures show that things have been steadily improving* -even though climate change is happening.

People are suffering. People are dying
                    Implication - why aren't you bastards doing something? The figures show that someone is doing something to make things better.

You asked for facts, I gave you some. You reject them. I suggest that no amount of evidence is going to change your mind. You're a True Believer.

* Except hunger is growing in war torn, politically unstable areas.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                      Get ****ed - although I doubt there's much chance of that happening now that your Mrs has kicked you out.
                      My Mrs. has kicked me out? When did that happen? I guess that must be a conclusion that came from your "analytic" skills
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X