• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official General Election Thread December 2019

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    So do I.

"Academics largely see technical analysis as pseudoscientific nonsense. Stock prices are random...
    No, not random. Technical analysis is used to chart human psychology rather than price action.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      No, not random. Technical analysis is used to chart human psychology rather than price action.

You're a bona-fide, honest-to-God, grade 1 idiot, aren't you?
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Yes, a rich one.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by moggy View Post
          Should have happened in 2010 as the Lib Dems destroyed themselves by going into coalition with the Tories rather than Labour
          Yeah I was remembering there was a possibility of it then. Has it actually happened in modern times?

Because since it's basically Tories Vs every single other MP, there is the possibility of a grand coalition minus the Tories. They don't necessarily have the DUP to bribe this time.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            So do I.

"Academics largely see technical analysis as pseudoscientific nonsense. Stock prices are random, says efficient market theorist Burton Malkiel, author of the classic A Random Walk on Wall Street. Investors who rely on technical analysis “will accomplish nothing but increasing substantially the brokerage charges they pay”, he writes.
            Legendary investors such as Warren Buffett and Peter Lynch agree. Buffett has said he “realised that technical analysis didn’t work when I turned the chart upside down and didn’t get a different answer”. To Lynch, charts “are great for predicting the past”.

Charting the stock markets: does technical analysis work?

Yes I know they're talking about stocks but this applies to all financial intruments.

HTH, BIDI.
            I feel sick. I'm in agreement with sastwat!
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              No. Tories got most seats last time round. And were already in power. I'm asking about a party coming to power who weren't in government, despite the previous government winning the most seats.
              Not quite, I don't think. In the first 1974 General Election Wilson's Labour Party succeeded Heath's Tories, taking over with a minority government, but Labour did have marginally more seats than the Tories (four more.)

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Yes, a rich one.
                Compared with yer ex-Scottish chums, maybe.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

So, who's staying up to watch the results roll in?
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                    So, who's staying up to watch the results roll in?
                    Haven't missed an all-nighter since 92. If it looks like the Marxists are winning, I'll hit the gin and call it a night though.
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                      Haven't missed an all-nighter since 92. If it looks like the Marxists are winning, I'll hit the gin and call it a night though.
                      I have a couple of bottles of red currently breathing - I will probably migrate to the Bourbon if Labour get in, closely followed by a look at the job boards for France, Germany, Holland or Belgium. The last time Labour came to power I nipped over to Germany for a couple of years.

Comment

Working...
                      X