• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official General Election Thread December 2019

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    That wouldn't be the first time he's ignored the will of the people.
    How about we give Scotland a referendum but let the whole of the UK vote? After all a split in the union affects everyone in the country
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

That wouldn't be the first time he's ignored the will of the people.
      Knock him as much as you want, but tonight has shown the “people” are behind him
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Knock him as much as you want, but tonight has shown the “people” are behind him
        After the recent years of chaos, the mind boggles. The people may be behind him but it would seem they're far from educated.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          Hard Brexit it is then? Or maybe not with an 80 seat majority...
          I think the WA is most likely. Then part two will start...
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            I think the WA is most likely. Then part two will start...
            If the exit poll is anything like reality, he'll have carte blanche. All that crap about negotiating the trade deal in 11 months or leaving the IP without a trade deal...

Comment

Probably a soft-ish Brexit.

Elsewhere, I reckon it'll be a pretty crappy 5 yrs for UK contractors, especially UK contractors with UK clients. Not a Corbyn level of crapness, but crap nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                Probably a soft-ish Brexit.

Elsewhere, I reckon it'll be a pretty crappy 5 yrs for UK contractors, especially UK contractors with UK clients. Not a Corbyn level of crapness, but crap nonetheless.

Expect a 1930's style depression at the very least.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

What the hell? First two results are labour seats...

How have the exit polls got it so wrong!!

Comment

What the hell? First two results are labour seats...

How have the exit polls got it so wrong!!
                    Tories just won Blythe Valley (). Doesn't look wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                      How about we give Scotland a referendum but let the whole of the UK vote? After all a split in the union affects everyone in the country
                      If Scotland want to leave the union then let the English vote!
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X