• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official General Election Thread December 2019

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I've studied this chart all the way back to the Euro's introduction in November 98... The Stochastic RSI (i.e. the momentum of the pound against the Euro) has never been so high for so long (the yellow box). At best perhaps a month and a half. Now we're approaching 4 months.

What does it mean? I've no idea, but it is clear, the pound has a lot more to lose after enjoying such a long strong streak.

Bollox.

HTH, BIDI.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Bollox.

HTH, BIDI.
      I love the smell of ignorance in the morning.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        I love the smell of ignorance in the morning.
        So do I.

"Academics largely see technical analysis as pseudoscientific nonsense. Stock prices are random, says efficient market theorist Burton Malkiel, author of the classic A Random Walk on Wall Street. Investors who rely on technical analysis “will accomplish nothing but increasing substantially the brokerage charges they pay”, he writes.
        Legendary investors such as Warren Buffett and Peter Lynch agree. Buffett has said he “realised that technical analysis didn’t work when I turned the chart upside down and didn’t get a different answer”. To Lynch, charts “are great for predicting the past”.

Charting the stock markets: does technical analysis work?

Yes I know they're talking about stocks but this applies to all financial intruments.

HTH, BIDI.
        Last edited by sasguru; 12 December 2019, 11:27.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

No idea if it is on the cards but when is the last time a minority government was formed, where the previous government got the most votes but couldn't form a government?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            No idea if it is on the cards but when is the last time a minority government was formed, where the previous government got the most votes but couldn't form a government?
            Haven't we got one now?

Comment

Originally posted by Amanensia View Post
              Haven't we got one now?
              No. Tories got most seats last time round. And were already in power. I'm asking about a party coming to power who weren't in government, despite the previous government winning the most seats.

Comment

BBC in trouble again

The story has been removed, but I caught it before it was. Apparently Ms. Kuenssberg revealed details of the postal voting trend live on air. The Electoral Commission has warned BBC over its conduct.

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
                  The story has been removed, but I caught it before it was. Apparently Ms. Kuenssberg revealed details of the postal voting trend live on air. The Electoral Commission has warned BBC over its conduct.
                  oops.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    No. Tories got most seats last time round. And were already in power. I'm asking about a party coming to power who weren't in government, despite the previous government winning the most seats.
                    Should have happened in 2010 as the Lib Dems destroyed themselves by going into coalition with the Tories rather than Labour

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post

All she said was postal votes for Labour were looking pretty grim. So what?
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X