• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who should I vote for?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who should I vote for?

Inspired by NLUK's suggestion that I ask CUK members to make all my decisions for me I thought I'd put another important question to the forum...

I could be casting the deciding vote in the General Election. Who should I vote for? My options on the ballot paper are:

BREXIT-SMITH, Mark - Independent
    HOYLE, Lindsay Harvey - The Speaker seeking re-election
    MELLING, James Fletcher - Green Party

Originally posted by mb31 View Post
    Inspired by NLUK's suggestion that I ask CUK members to make all my decisions for me I thought I'd put another important question to the forum...

I could be casting the deciding vote in the General Election. Who should I vote for? My options on the ballot paper are:

Must be grim in Chorley with such a limited choice & not even a Monster Raving Loony Party candidate

Comment

I'm up Hoghton end, so to speak. Where about are you?

Comment

I had thought that convention dictates that no-one stand against the speaker?
        ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
        Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
          I had thought that convention dictates that no-one stand against the speaker?
          Ridiculous convention, which I'm guessing is why some candidates ignore it.

Comment

Got to be this guy for me:

Kailash Trivedi for Greenwich and Woolwich in the UK Parliament elections | Who Can I Vote For? by Democracy Club

Such a confidence inspiring mug.

Comment

Brexit-Smith would be best suited to a cretin like you.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                I'm up Hoghton end, so to speak. Where about are you?
                I'm in the semi civilised part of Chorley in the Euxton Buckshaw triangle. If I win the big bucks in contracting then Brindle will be beckoning. Does that count as Hoghton?

Old Greg I think Mark BREXIT SMITH is missing a trick. He should have changed his name by deed poll to Mark BOYCOTT IR35 instead to win the contractor vote. He'd have won a two seat majority after a turn out of two. No one seems interested and my wife was very confused when I explained that Lindsay is no longer labour. She's a nurse so he used to be her natural bed partner.

Comment

Their name is "Brexit-smith" but they are standing independent?

What, was the BP too moderate for them?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I'm in the semi civilised part of Chorley in the Euxton Buckshaw triangle. If I win the big bucks in contracting then Brindle will be beckoning. Does that count as Hoghton?

Old Greg I think Mark BREXIT SMITH is missing a trick. He should have changed his name by deed poll to Mark BOYCOTT IR35 instead to win the contractor vote. He'd have won a two seat majority after a turn out of two. No one seems interested and my wife was very confused when I explained that Lindsay is no longer labour. She's a nurse so he used to be her natural bed partner.
                    Brindle has slightly higher house prices than Hoghton. You have to drive by a sign saying Brindle to get to my house, which is annoying as my postcode is classed as Hoghton.

Euxton is nice, went out with a girl that lived there.

Comment

Working...
                    X