• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Worse than Michael Foot

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worse than Michael Foot

Even labour now must see that Corbyn has to go
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

So a hard Brexit by January's end? Laugh at that.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      So a hard Brexit by January's end? Laugh at that.
      It's what the british voter deserves. Let's see how those northern seats that have voted Tory enjoy a hard brexit

Labour have brought this on themselves
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Really struggle to see how the UK remains united after this.

On the bright side, should be some nice investment opportunities in a couple of years once the Tories have quadrupled the debt and flogged the poor out of existence.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

With Momentum's stranglehold on the party, and the snowflake membership, the next leader will probably be just as much of a lefty fruitcake.

Oh well, at least it can't be Dennis Skinner because he lost his seat to the Tories.
          Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Corbyn says he wants to stay on to oversee the move to a new leader. I think he needs to be defenestrated.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

In a way, it's the best outcome.

If this doesn't wake the party up, there's no hope for them.

Elect a loony lefty = electoral wilderness
              Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

On the bright side, should be some nice investment opportunities in a couple of years once the Tories have quadrupled the debt and flogged the poor out of existence.
                Why would the Tories implement the reds plan?

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
                  Why would the Tories implement the reds plan?

Because the debt is out of control, they needed someone to take over that they could blame

George Osborne’s law: a pledge to balance the books - Telegraph

We’ll balance the books!! (By 2020) George Osborne speech analysis | Coffee House

In the last 10 years, the government debt has increased from £1tn to £1.8tn. In percentages of GDP, it's gone from 67% to over 85%.
                  The deficit is better than it used to be, now around £25bn a year.
                  Last time the country ran a budget surplus was under Blair. Previous surpluses were under Wilson and Attlee.

So, the question has to be, how does the country do an Amy Winehouse and go Back to Black?
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Because the debt is out of control, they needed someone to take over that they could blame

George Osborne’s law: a pledge to balance the books - Telegraph

We’ll balance the books!! (By 2020) George Osborne speech analysis | Coffee House

In the last 10 years, the government debt has increased from £1tn to £1.8tn. In percentages of GDP, it's gone from 67% to over 85%.
                    The deficit is better than it used to be, now around £25bn a year.
                    Last time the country ran a budget surplus was under Blair. Previous surpluses were under Wilson and Attlee.

So, the question has to be, how does the country do an Amy Winehouse and go Back to Black?
                    Except quite a chunk of the increase in HMG debt has been on the back of the uncertainty over the last three years killing off huge amounts of inward investment. We can already see a boost in the markets and the pound (a two-edge sword that, to be fair) and should see more national income generally which would reduce the need for HMG borrowing.

Wait a year, then write us off. Right now we are still emerging, blinking in the light.
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                    X