• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yeeessss!! Let the fun begin.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    And so do we all. I'm very disappointed that Scotland won't get another crack at independence, although I fear if they do, they'll vote to remain in the UK, again
    Just to piss the English off!
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
      And so do we all. I'm very disappointed that Scotland won't get another crack at independence, although I fear if they do, they'll vote to remain in the UK, again
      Who knows if and when it happens. Judging by all the parties' manifestos it looks like they're all scared to death to let Scotland go. Main point on the manifestos, all of them...that tells something about who needs whom

Guys, grow up and stop being scared of your own shadow. You're embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        What if another referendum is granted and IndyRef2 returns "No"? Are you going to push for IndyRef3? Or will it be IndyRef2.1?
        Of course, isn't that what everybody do if they want something? Keep asking until they get it? That's how it works for everything. If the SNP's manifesto is to get Scotland independent, and if the party will continue to be successful as it's been in the last years, than yes, it's the party's duty to keep asking and fighting for independence.

Even if it is a "Yes", Scotland will still be outside the EU for a number of years while it goes through the process of applying for membership. How are you going to support your NHS and other services? ARe you going to build a physical border?
        However Scotland decides to do it, it wiil be its decision. And that's all that matters to Scotland.

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
          Of course, isn't that what everybody do if they want something? Keep asking until they get it? That's how it works for everything. If the SNP's manifesto is to get Scotland independent, and if the party will continue to be successful as it's been in the last years, than yes, it's the party's duty to keep asking and fighting for independence.

However Scotland decides to do it, it wiil be its decision. And that's all that matters to Scotland.
          Only if the UK Parliament lets you have a referendum. Remember that one before you start getting ideas above your station, boy!
          Last edited by Zigenare; 17 December 2019, 13:22.
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Only if the UK Parliament let's you have a referendum. Remember that one before you start getting ideas above your station, boy!
            If you think you'll be better off without us you should get in touch with your MP and ask them to push for allowing a second referendum.

Scared as you are, I'm not holding my breath you cowards will do anything

Comment

Given the state of various Scottish services, that's an interesting definition of "success"... Perhaps the SNP should focus on government for a few years, rather than Wee Burnie's megalomania.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                Given the state of various Scottish services, that's an interesting definition of "success"... Perhaps the SNP should focus on government for a few years, rather than Wee Burnie's megalomania.
                Why do you think they talk about independence so much - it's a great distraction and ensures Sturgeon steers the conversation away from awkward areas (i.e. anything and everything else).
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

If you think you'll be better off without us you should get in touch with your MP and ask them to push for allowing a second referendum.

Scared as you are, I'm not holding my breath you cowards will do anything
                  Aw, bless.

You fluffed it the first time, my money is on you fluffing it the second - in 30 years time!

Comment

Aw, bless.

You fluffed it the first time, my money is on you fluffing it the second - in 30 years time!
                    Too bad you won't be here to see it, old fart

Comment

Too bad you won't be here to see it, old fart
                      Just knowing that we're keeping you from what you desire will give me comfort.

Comment

Working...
                      X