• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yeeessss!! Let the fun begin.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Good one. You're on form today.
    It won't be long before dividend taxes are aligned with income taxes. That'll be phase II of the promised "IR35 review" after a couple of years of phase I mayhem

Comment

Anyway Brexit has led to a new class of British citizens with special privileges - dual nationals
      Cheers to that.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
        Well done you for making an attempt to bring the divided country together...

Most of Kent and Sussex are blue, doesn’t quite fit with your rhetoric.
        Were they red beforehand? Labour lost traditional heartland constituencies up north - the backlash of them blocking Brexit for c.3 years has hit them square in the ballot box.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          It won't be long before dividend taxes are aligned with income taxes. That'll be phase II of the promised "IR35 review" after a couple of years of phase I mayhem
          As I was saying about a decade ago, the solution to IR35 was to tax divis as income and allow proprietary directors to use the same NIC class as sole traders.

Comment

As are a few London constituencies. LondonManc talking complete bollox as usual.
            Aww, is assguru struggling to understand? Hope you've got yourself a new toaster for your bath this Christmas.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              As I was saying about a decade ago, the solution to IR35 was to tax divis as income and allow proprietary directors to use the same NIC class as sole traders.
              Agree. A lot of contractors would whine initially but most would ultimately be fine with that. That said, while the NIC change would be even fairer, I doubt that part will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                Agree. A lot of contractors would whine initially but most would ultimately be fine with that. That said, while the NIC change would be even fairer, I doubt that part will happen.
                It's how it works in Ireland. However, overall tax burden us much higher and subsistence / travel is not tax deductible to a temp workplace (more or less).

Comment

It's how it works in Ireland. However, overall tax burden us much higher and subsistence / travel is not tax deductible to a temp workplace (more or less).
                  Makes sense to me. Unfortunately, the history here points to chaos as the preferred option when there's a blindingly obvious alternative.

Comment

That's the bit I really don't like.
                    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                      Aww, is assguru struggling to understand?
                      I understand perfectly.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X