• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yeeessss!! Let the fun begin.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeeessss!! Let the fun begin.

The stupids have voted in large numbers for the Tories.
    They've got to be placated now.
    The money has to come from you lot, I'm afraid.
    But al least chances of a hard Brexit are increased
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Nope the chances of a hard Brexit is significantly reduced. Boris can go for whatever deal he wants and the Tories will vote for it.

And the quickest deal Boris can get will be one that is softer than a lot of people expect...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Nope the chances of a hard Brexit is significantly reduced. Boris can go for whatever deal he wants and the Tories will vote for it.

And the quickest deal Boris can get will be one that is softer than a lot of people expect...
      This. He has a large enough majority now that he can ignore the ERG et al and still get a soft deal through.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Hmmm not so sure about that. The time allowed for the trade deal to be discussed is significantly shorter than necessary, handing the advantage to the EU.
        Boris has form in caving in: his (leave) deal was agreed with alacrity by the EU since it was they who had suggested it in the first place; of course it wasn't presented as a Boris cave in but a Boris victory.
        No one knows what the future is for the 80% of the economy that is services. That hasn't been discussed yet.

Interesting times.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          This. He has a large enough majority now that he can ignore the ERG et al and still get a soft deal through.
          What kind of soft deal? EFTA? It will have to be off the peg, there's no time for a bespoke. As long as it limits UK contractors from working in the EU and vice versa, I'm happy.
          Last edited by sasguru; 13 December 2019, 09:20.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

They don't have to be placated at all. Instant betrayal and more austerity is on the menu.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              They don't have to be placated at all. Instant betrayal and more austerity is on the menu.
              There'll be an element of the Tories who are for that. I don't think Boris is of that ilk, he likes being "popular".
              He'll find the cash from the likes of contractors and the the magic money tree,
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

What kind of soft deal? EFTA? It will have to be off the peg, there's no time for a bespoke.
                He'll take whatever is offered and bill it as "Getting Brexit Done". My bet is the Norway model.

It's enough to placate the Sovereignty/Immigration crowd but will keep his business buddies happy by largely preserving the status quo on trade. Don't expect to see that £350m anytime soon though. It will go on payments to the EU in order to get the deal agreed.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  He'll take whatever is offered and bill it as "Getting Brexit Done". My bet is the Norway model.

It's enough to placate the Sovereignty/Immigration crowd but will keep his business buddies happy by largely preserving the status quo on trade. Don't expect to see that £350m anytime soon though. It will go on payments to the EU in order to get the deal agreed.
                  I think that's a fair and very likely analysis.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

So what does this mean for IR35 and LTD co taxation?

On one hand IR35 in private sector all set for April, on the other no Corbyn divi tax in line with income tax and whatever else he intended fleecing hard working business owners with?

F*** b*****, it'll be all done by Jan then the trade deal wrangling will commence, but we can at least concentrate on earning a crust and not having to dumpster dive for it under a bankrupt Labour led country.
                    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
                    X