• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What I want from this hugely popular Tory govt

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

Your taxes will increase ..
    Nope, didn't the Tory manifesto include a promise not to increase any taxes for five years?

Oh carp, I've just thought. Does it also promise not to introduce new types of tax?!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      A 3% solution applied externally... Yeah, that's really spoil the taste. But probably not as much as salmonella or campylobacter already does.

Apart from which it's only the cheap pizza-and-KFC-bound crap that will be affected, proper UK-sourced organic chicken won't be. Which is what most sensible people buy anyway
      Under US regulations chlorine washed are also bio.

You won't be able to distinguish which chickens have been chlorine washed. UK producers will also do the same. US companies will ensure there is no discrimination in the Supermarkets by suing the pants off any Supermarket that tries to use labelling to enable consumers to choose.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Hard Brexit
        Throw Labour voting London under a bus
        Back to severe austerity
        Sell the NHS to Trump for a pound
        Massive tax cuts for wealthy permies in Swindon

They already gave chunks of it away for nowt.
        Amazon ready to cash in on free access to NHS data | News | The Sunday Times

And they are planning to sell whats left.
        Revealed: NHS England bosses meet with tech and pharmaceutical giants to discuss price list of millions of Brits' medical data • The Register
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          Nope, didn't the Tory manifesto include a promise not to increase any taxes for five years?

Oh carp, I've just thought. Does it also promise not to introduce new types of tax?!
          Do you genuinely live on this planet?
          Very basic analytical skills should tell you that the new Tory voters up North will want cash and lots of it.
          Where's it going to come from?
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Very basic analytical skills should tell you that the new Tory voters up North will want cash and lots of it.
            Where's it going to come from?
            Borrowing.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Borrowing.
              Indeed. I expect the UK will join that club of European countries with > 100% Debt to GDP ratio in short order. Mind you life in those countries seems to proceed Ok.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                Under US regulations chlorine washed are also bio.
                True, but luckily, we are not bound by US regulations.

You won't be able to distinguish which chickens have been chlorine washed. UK producers will also do the same. US companies will ensure there is no discrimination in the Supermarkets by suing the pants off any Supermarket that tries to use labelling to enable consumers to choose.
                Except for the minor detail that all food products for commercial sale have to have their country of origin marked. So unless the US wants to sue every retailer in the UK as well as the UK and the EU governments - since we will be mirroring EU rules for quite a while yet as the trade talks roll on, as per the WA - that is not much of a threat.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Of course, and I never claimed otherwise. All I said was 2019-11-24 Boris Johnson vows no tax hikes in Tory manifesto
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    Of course, and I never claimed otherwise. All I said was 2019-11-24 Boris Johnson vows no tax hikes in Tory manifesto

Next you'll be saying that BJ Cums hasn't put the NHS on eBay US with a starting price of $0.99.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

You can settle for what you want, ain't gonna happen.
                      Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      TW is not too bothered about reality.
                      Ex contractors are like ex wives it seems, always hoping for ex to fail... but the day never comes.

Comment

Working...
                      X