• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The big unanswered question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The big unanswered question

Is this Parliament more Brexiterish than the previous one, i.e. has the proportion of Remainer MPs reduced?

If it hasn't then we're almost back to square one, whatever BoJo pontificates about.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Is this Parliament more Brexiterish than the previous one, i.e. has the proportion of Remainer MPs reduced?

If it hasn't then we're almost back to square one, whatever BoJo pontificates about.
    Nope Boris has a majority of 70 which means he's going to get his deal through.

and then the deal will be softer than the ERG want because Brexit will be finished and Boris has got the job of PM that was all he wanted.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Given that Tory MPs who opposed Brexit were kicked out, it seems unlikely that many Tory candidates who do would have been selected.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

WA is done now, part one is done.

Next fight is the long-term relationship.

Either he goes for a bare-bones Canada-style FTA, with a quick-ish turnaround and all the associated level playing field provisions, or he goes for a soft Brexit. Obviously, after some bluster, it's going to be the latter. But we won't be calling the 2-year extension to the implementation period an extension to the implementation period. We'll be calling it the glorious addition to getting Brexit done period.

And, mostly, no one will care.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          WA is done now, part one is done.

Next fight is the long-term relationship.

Either he goes for a bare-bones Canada-style FTA, with a quick-ish turnaround and all the associated level playing field provisions, or he goes for a soft Brexit. Obviously, after some bluster, it's going to be the latter. But we won't be calling the 2-year extension to the implementation period an extension to the implementation period. We'll be calling it the glorious addition to getting Brexit done period.

And, mostly, no one will care.
          What I'm expecting is Boris will even junk any freedom of movement restrictions. He will just implement limitations on welfare payments (nothing for the first 2/3 years) and bluster that it has reduced immigration - probably with a point types system that looks difficult but in reality still allows people from the EU in...
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            What I'm expecting is Boris will even junk any freedom of movement restrictions. He will just implement limitations on welfare payments (nothing for the first 2/3 years) and bluster that it has reduced immigration - probably with a point types system that looks difficult but in reality still allows people from the EU in...
            Quite possibly. I wouldn't be surprised. He's a well-known liberal w/r to immigration, despite the rhetoric.

Comment

Working...
            X