• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Johnson claims NHS will be 'overwhelming priority' for government

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
    Sell to whom? It's a bureaucratic mess spoilt by access to sometimes too much money and diktat. The profit is in being a supplier or a services contractor not in owning the thing
    Have you compared OECD countries' expenditure on health recently?

Comment

Paying off the many outstanding PFIs would release about 40% of the NHS's current annual spend...

Also, increased business and investment in the UK (which will now happen according to various pundits: well, we can always hope!) may well mean additional taxes aren't needed.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        Paying off the many outstanding PFIs would release about 40% of the NHS's current annual spend...

Also, increased business and investment in the UK (which will now happen according to various pundits: well, we can always hope!) may well mean additional taxes aren't needed.
        40%! Classic Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          40%! Classic Mal.
          He’s been corrected on that lie several times before but still repeats it.

Comment

Paying off the many outstanding PFIs would release about 40% of the NHS's current annual spend....
            It’s not true, and if you knew it wasnot (which you should have) then it means you are a liar

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              40%! Classic Mal.
              Yes, 40%. Bulk on repayments and interest, plus quite a lot on the administration of them which adds nothing to patient care. And an awful lot on the maintenance services they impose.

But then, unlike you, I've first hand experience to draw on.

There's also a recent article on the BBC news website talking about the costs of the NHS. Oddly enough, they agree with me. Not that I'm interested anyway.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

“ according to the latest cost estimates for Private Finance Initiatives (PFIs) to the NHS in England. These suggest ongoing PFI payments cost the equivalent of around 2% of the NHS budget, or one pound in every £55.”

What is the NHS paying for Private Finance Initiatives? - Full Fact

NHs annual budget is 130 bln roughly, total PFI cost estimated to hit 55 bln by 2040 or 2030 - NOT annual cost.

Comment

Yes, 40%. Bulk on repayments and interest, plus quite a lot on the administration of them which adds nothing to patient care. And an awful lot on the maintenance services they impose.

But then, unlike you, I've first hand experience to draw on.

There's also a recent article on the BBC news website talking about the costs of the NHS. Oddly enough, they agree with me. Not that I'm interested anyway.
                  Why do you think I don't have first hand experience?

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                    He’s been corrected on that lie several times before but still repeats it.
                    Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    It’s not true, and if you knew it wasnot (which you should have) then it means you are a liar
                    Classic Tory lie to try to avoid responsibility for the mess the English NHS has got into since Cameron became PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X